Maintenance Operations Planner
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Planning and support of plant services, ongoing maintenance programs and operations for our Dunkirk facility.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Plans and schedules maintenance activities to an appropriate level of detail required for execution and identification of critical paths. Detailed review for identifying safety requirements, estimating time and manpower requirements, setting tasks, identifying materials and tools, writing technical information which includes site change control processes.
- Acquires and maintains an in-depth knowledge of appropriate company safety and regulatory rules, procedures, and policies, in order to craft job plans appropriately.
- Leads the maintenance planning process including all safety requirements, planning of work orders, managing back log, and scheduling work.
- Plans, prioritizes and schedules maintenance work orders including material needs, safety information, appropriate maintenance history and critical information to complete jobs safely and efficiently.
- Enters detailed maintenance and operations planning information in Blue Mountain RAM software to ensure operations best practices and GMP compliance. Structures information clearly and develops knowledge of software to efficiently and effectively scale processes for fully operating pharmaceutical manufacturing facility.
- Works closely with suppliers, service providers and procurement to support the needs of the site. Providing accurate documentation to Procurement in support of bidding of work.
- Creates purchase order requisitions as needed to support planned plant services, maintenance and operations. Works closely with procurement to have orders placed in QAD and with suppliers once requisitions are approved. Tracks progress of orders. Once goods and services are received physically and in QAD, enters applicable detailed information into Blue Mountain RAM software.
- Maintains detailed records of items received including item, quantity, applicable reference or serial numbers and physical location.
- Coordinates and organizes tasks between Maintenance, Operations and Engineering. Schedule work with applicable departments, utilizing work order processes, track progress and report completion of work.
- Establishes and maintains equipment Standard Operating Procedures, job plans and maintenance records.
- Works closely with Finance and Engineering for fixed-asset inventory including physical tagging and labeling of plant assets such as large HVAC equipment pieces, stationary process equipment and other items as required.
- Maintains information related to the physical fixed-asset tag issued and placed on the equipment in the applicable software.
- Manages site tool and spare parts inventory for maintenance and safety items utilized in repair and preventative maintenance at the site.
- Communicates clearly, understands and acknowledges verbal instructions, and is able to read and interpret work from drawings, written work orders, sketches, blueprints, and technical manuals. Estimates work-order completion times and compares to actual.
- Provides reports to management for maintenance activities as necessary.
- Presents performance data and KPIs for key maintenance operations and processes.
- Works with maintenance management to establish and maintain stock levels as well as project annual spending for operating budgets.
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years of previous work experience in a Maintenance or Operations Planner role
- High School diploma or equivalent is required; Associates or Bachelor degree in related field is preferred
- Previous experience in computerized asset management software is required; Blue Mountain experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of plant operations, maintenance shop, tool manuals, work orders and general or spare parts is required; GMP environment strongly preferred.
- Must be proficient in office software including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Excellent attention to detail is essential for success in this role.
- Must be a self-starter with initiative; works well both independently and in a team-oriented environment
- Strong organizational and project tracking skills with the ability to prioritize and multi-task as required
- Good communication skills – both verbal and written; able to communicate professionally both internally and externally
- Continuous Improvement experience is a plus
- Must be able to lift 35 pounds.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.