Senior Procurement Analyst
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Senior Procurement Analyst position will lead global procurement responsibilities across a specific business for supplies and services. This person will be a key liaison with contract manufacturers and be responsible for Purchase Order management. Key objectives for this position include developing and maintaining business relationships with Suppliers, enhancing the value of those relationships, minimizing risks relating to the business, maintaining adequate inventories.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Responsible for identifying, selecting, evaluating, and managing suppliers in a cGMP environment.
- Assess and validate current and future suppliers’ capabilities while ensuring that adherence to supplier performance measurements are met.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts and oversee the transactional purchasing activities with designated suppliers, purchase categories, or purchasing programs globally – including effective implementation of INCO terms.
- In collaboration with Planning function, provide Rolling Forecasts to suppliers and manage POs accordingly.
- Purchase Order Management. Ensure POs are placed and managed (i.e. expedited), to ensure adequate inventory levels.
- Participate in S&OP process. Collaborate with Planning and present and manage key initiatives from S&OP to Suppliers.
- Coordinate with Supply Chain Planning and Warehousing & Logistics team to implement continuous improvement processes internally, as well as with suppliers. Identify and implement strategic opportunities with the supply base that yield significant advantages for the enterprise to improve corporate profitability.
- Supplier Relationship Management: Implement key performance indicators; manage, monitor, and measure performance and conduct business reviews with strategic vendors.
- Interact with multiple levels of management, providing progress updates and/or to resolve procurement obstacles.
- Contracts Management. Maintain centralized source for supply agreements, including key parameters.
- Item Number Management: Responsible for creation and management of item numbers in QAD ERP and all transactions associated with procuring goods and services.
- Participate in IT initiatives to automate processes and/or further integration with QAD ERP.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 5 + years of experience in supply chain operations in the pharmaceutical sector, or a highly regulated environment, including working with international suppliers; emphasis on sourcing and procurement.
- Project management experience is preferred.
- Five years of experience with ERP and MRP systems required.
- Negotiation experience required.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong supply chain process background with proven track record of accuracy and compliance.
- Strong ability to collaborate and build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and keen to improve processes and overcome inefficiencies.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and relevant FDA Regulations
- Demonstrated ability of working in a developing environment balanced with an ability to establish plans and drive results
- Problem solving abilities suitable for handling complex issues associated with global supply
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work with aggressive and changing timelines, with limited information and without defined absolutes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel, with ability to conduct complex modeling of supply chain plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong focus on cross functional interaction, customer service, and presenting (verbal and distributed).
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.