Senior Logistics Specialist
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Senior Logistics Specialist will be responsible for the operations and management of transportation and distribution of supplies through the global supply chain. The Senior Logistics Specialist will work with Operations, Contract Manufacturers, Packaging Engineering, Quality and Supply Chain personnel to establish, maintain, and optimize global material movements. The Senior Logistics Specialist will work closely with management and contracted service providers to maintain Athenex’ global trade compliance standards, supply chain security standards, proper temperature control standards, as well as product handling standards globally. The Senior Logistics Specialist will work to understand the supply chain in the pharmaceutical industry and drive improved service with risk reduction while reducing total cost.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Monitors movement of active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), bulk finished drug, finished drug product, and other materials as assigned throughout the supply chain from origin to final delivery that aligns with the operational tasks outlined by Supply Chain Planning and Supplier Relationship Management team members.
- Facilitates and maintains communication with Supplier Relationship Management team members, 3PL’s, brokers, government agencies, and suppliers to ensure successful material movements.
- Develops and maintains Material Movement Milestone dashboard.
- Presents status updates on material movements as requested.
- Monitors and evaluates existing logistics and transportation network. Accountable for ensuring supply chain excellence and establishing logistics solutions with continual focus on cost savings, risk reduction, on-time performance, trade compliance, and customer service.
- Maintains Key Performance Indicators (KPI) Report on all Third-Party Logistics Providers (3PL’s).
- Develops and maintains carrier scorecard metrics to support KPI reporting requirements.
- Identifies and prioritizes savings opportunities through analytical research of current and historical freight payment rates and data. Ability to analyze and identify savings across all logistics modes.
- Participates in contract negotiations with service providers as assigned.
- Makes logistics arrangements with carriers for global movements.
- Understands global transportation requirements applicable to the pharmaceutical supply chain.
- Understands trade compliance and Food and Drug Administration (FDA) practices and requirements both internally and externally.
- Oversees process for creation, audit, and/or maintenance of shipping documentation and files for material movements.
- Manages import and export processes for materials. Adheres to regulations pertaining to international logistics and FDA.
- Works closely with management to provide and maintain Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS), classification of new and existing materials.
- Partners with Supplier Relationship Management team members to establish and maintain INCO terms and FDA Product Codes.
- Familiar with FDA regulations and supply chain best practices for material movements ensuring proper chain of custody and temperature control requirements.
- Understands and maintains FDA and trade compliance recordkeeping requirements
- Participates in internal audits as assigned.
- Partners with Supplier Relationship Management team members and Management to plan, present, and execute domestic and international lanes for material movements as assigned.
- Establish and maintain Logistics Specifications and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all materials and processes as they relate to logistics.
- Partners with Supply Chain Planning and Supplier Relationship Management team members to prepare and present frequency and costing forecasts associated with each material as assigned.
- Supports yearly budget preparation as it applies to material movements.
- Review and audit freight bills for accuracy.
- Communicates issues effectively and ensures that issues are resolved in a timely manner.
- Asks questions and communicates needs.
- Develop, present, and maintain material movement insurance claims process.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics and transportation, business or supply chain discipline or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of logistics experience – FDA regulated environment a plus.
- Must have valid driver’s license to support work at various local locations.
- Knowledge and experience in import and export compliance requirements and customs regulations. Trade Compliance certifications a plus.
- Knowledge and experience in international and domestic logistics.
- Experience in freight rate negotiating.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strategic working relationships.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong business process background with proven track record of accuracy and compliance.
- Demonstrated ability of working in a developing environment balanced with an ability to establish plans and drive results.
- Problem solving abilities suitable for handling complex issues associated with global supply chain issues.
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work with aggressive and changing timelines, with limited information and without defined absolutes.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.