Warehouse Operations & Logistics Manager
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Warehouse Operations & Logistics Manager is responsible for overseeing warehouse operations and logistics for key warehouse site(s) as well as any third-party warehouses Athenex has contracts with. This position is responsible for all warehouse processes (receiving, storage, staging, shipping, transfers, returns), material flow, storage areas (CRT, refrigerated, frozen) and directing the daily activities of the warehouse and resources. This position is responsible for ensuring robust trade compliance and SOX compliant inventory processes at multiple warehouse sites. Key responsibilities include overseeing all warehouse and inventory operations, managing third-party logistics relationship and activities, staffing, maintenance of site warehouse areas and equipment, warehouse safety, security, and customer service levels.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Direct the operations of warehouse personnel to achieve site objectives as well as provide support for other corporate demands of the business.
- Ensures high level of customer service for all requests. Ensure and manage the domestic and international shipments of all finished goods, internal transfers, and commercial shipments. Ensure and manage all support processes for required materials for production at multiple production sites.
- Responsible for the management of third-party logistics providers and freight operations. Monitor and control all warehouse and transportation activities and ensure cost and operational efficiencies while maintaining the required service levels to external and internal customers.
- Responsible for ensuring robust trade compliance and SOX compliant inventory processes at multiple warehouse sites.
- Oversee inventory control, the cycle count program and management. Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each area in the warehouse, direct Inventory Control Associates’ activities. Contribute to the development and implementation as well as the direction of programs to ensure inventory accuracy and asset security. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location, and storage condition.
- Oversee processes for regular review of excessive and obsolete inventory for the site. Ensure Inventory Control Associates provide items for review for regular Material Review Board meetings. Ensure decisions in the MRB meetings are carried out and reflected in the inventory system as well as the physical processing required.
- Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of barcoding system, serialization experience a plus.
- Develop and implement programs to ensure the safety of all warehousing personnel, equipment, and property. Ensure a culture of safety throughout the area by creating and following safety policies and procedures. Monitor warehousing safety, physical security, and operational metrics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Work with production and QA department personnel to develop a smooth flow of materials (raw materials, work-in-process, finished goods) into and out of the warehouse for receiving, staging, shipping, and storage. Identify issues and work cross-functionally to make improvements.
- Develop, implement, and improve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Work with warehousing staff to establish and ensure the execution of operational procedures for activities such as verification of incoming and outgoing shipments, cold-chain processes, handling and disposition of materials, inventory accuracy and compliance, and driving active safety programs.
- Oversees the transfer of inventory from one location to another. Ensures inbound and outbound orders are entered accurately and timely in off-site warehouse system. Ensure BOLs and applicable transfer documents with inventory detail are provided.
- Oversees and ensures support for all warehouse and distribution site initiatives for increased technology and advancement of systems for the supply chain. Provides resources to support initiatives to ensure goals and timing are met to support projects.
- Manages process and ensures tracking and publishing of warehouse and distribution metrics and KPIs.
- Create and manage a housekeeping program in the warehouse.
- Identify, assess, and pursue continuous improvement opportunities and make recommendations to improve operations.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or logistics, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred.
- Minimum five years of warehouse leadership experience, responsible for managing productivity and resources in a warehouse and distribution environment – FDA regulated environment a plus
- Strong operational background with a track record of continuous improvement.
- Strong customer orientation and problem-solving skills.
- Successful track record in leadership and supervising the work of subordinates.
- SOX compliance experience preferred.
- Trade compliance experience preferred.
- Data entry experience in an inventory system required.
- Barcoding experience
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives
- Must have valid driver’s license to support work at various local locations.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.