Staffing Specialist (6 Month, Temporary Position)
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Our Staffing Specialist is a high energy professional who will assist the Human Resources Team with candidate sourcing and recruitment of entry to mid-level positions to support our manufacturing operations in Buffalo and Dunkirk, NY as well as research and development and clinical operations in various locations throughout the U.S.
This position will be based in our Buffalo, NY office and will offer the option to work from home. This is a minimum 6-month temporary assignment.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities:
- Partner with the HR Team and hiring managers to effectively identify recruiting needs
- Post all job openings in the Applicant Tracking System and Company website as instructed by Human Resources
- Identify and communicate with potential candidates utilizing various recruitment tools including, but not limited to, Applicant Tracking Systems, New York State Job Bank, Networking sites, Professional Associations, Colleges & Universities, Alumni Associations and Employee Referrals
- Effectively source, screen, and manage highly qualified candidates in a fast-paced, quality driven environment
- Conduct initial applicant phone screen and select candidates to interview with HR and hiring managers
- Assist with onboarding process
- Maintains a high standard of ethics and confidentiality throughout process
- Other projects may be assigned
Required Education and Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field preferred; High School Diploma required
- A minimum of 1 year of experience in full life cycle recruitment is required
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems, Dayforce or related HRIS is preferred
- Must have the ability to prioritize work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment
- Professional and adaptable communication skills with initiative, integrity and a strong work ethic are also required for success in this role
- Ability to exercise sound decision making skills in relation to HR practices
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices
- Experience working in a Life Sciences environment desired
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- HR certification (PHR, SHRM-CP, etc.) is a plus
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.