Inventory Control Coordinator (1st and 2nd Shift Available)
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Inventory Control Coordinator is responsible for processing inventory entries at the site. Site inventory includes raw materials, work-in-process and finished goods. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location and storage condition. The Inventory Control Coordinator is also responsible for ensuring accuracy and proper physical processing of receipts, storage and shipments of goods in and out of the warehouse. Key responsibilities include ensuring the inventory at all sites is accurate, inventory is appropriately assigned to batches and shipping orders per approved SOPs and materials are physically processed through the supply chain timely.
The following shifts are currently open:
1st shift (7am to 3:30pm M-F)
2nd shift (2pm to 10:30pm M-F)
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Allocate specific items by lot ID in inventory to manufacturing orders and sales orders according to inventory rules and inventory management SOPs.
- Understand critical nature of inventory accuracy of stored material and material provided to production environments. Process inventory entries. Ensure current and accurate inventory control for each area in the warehouse. Inventory must be current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location and storage condition.
- Analyze inventory discrepancies by physically counting and reviewing receiving, sampling, material movements, batch usage and transaction history in the system. Resolve discrepancies timely and work with the Inventory Control Specialist and Warehouse Operations Manager to put corrective actions in place quickly to minimize recurrence of the same type of issue.
- Perform physical inventory counts and cycle counts, document required stock adjustments, and seek appropriate approvals as required.
- Coordinates with Warehouse Operations Manager regarding the transfer of inventory from one location to another. Performs warehouse transfers in the system. Enters inbound and outbound orders in off-site warehouse system. Creates BOLs and provides applicable transfer documents with inventory detail as required for task.
- Reviews and ensures blocking and unblocking of material as required to guarantee nonconforming material is not used in production or material that is approved for use can be allocated as needed.
- Coordinates with Purchasing regarding incoming materials and provides information to others as needed on stock status. Coordinates with IQC for timely material releases needed to support production needs at the site.
- Process receipts in the system and completes required receiving documentation and process per SOPs. Works with Purchasing and Finance A/P to resolve discrepancies.
- Prepare documents, allocate materials, and stage materials to support batches being prepared for manufacturing according to inventory rules and inventory management SOPs.
- Prepare documents and process returns from manufacturing.
- Prepare documents and stage materials for shipment. Ensure accuracy in documents as well as the physical clinical, commercial and 503B products being shipped.
- Assist in the coordination of implementing efficient inventory management systems and replenishment systems.
- Operate warehouse material handling equipment and operate in a safe work environment.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Two to five years of inventory control experience in a warehouse environment – FDA regulated environment a plus
- Data entry experience in an inventory system required.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and other regulatory agency requirements.
- Associates degree in business discipline or equivalent experience.
- Strong inventory process background with proven track record of accuracy and compliance.
- Strong customer orientation and problem solving skills.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Knowledge of MRP system preferred.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills as well as the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Experience with material handling equipment a plus.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to act and operate independently with minimal direction from manager to accomplish objectives.
- Must have a valid driver’s license to support work at off-site warehouses.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.