Research Analyst II
POSITION OBJECTIVE: To conduct analytical development testing using various wet chemistry and instrumentation techniques.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Produces analytical work in accordance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures and approved analytical methods.
- Ability to work with a team to execute a variety of analytical project work.
- Execute analytical experiments and project work in a team setting with minimal oversite from project supervisor.
- Interpret and clearly documents test results, calculations, and observations.
- Produce analytical report summaries, which are accurately documented and with procedural integrity for all work performed.
- Assists in development and execution of method transfers, qualifications, and validations per USP and EU pharmaceutical guidelines for analytical methods.
- Ability to learn in-depth operation and maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Ability to provide technical troubleshooting support, knowledge transfer and training/coaching to the other analysts.
- Performs background research related to assigned projects and assists the project supervisor in developing experiments.
- Other projects as may be assigned
Required Education and Qualifications
- 4+ years of work experience in a chemistry laboratory environment
- Bachelor degree in Chemistry or related discipline
- Experience conducting independent analytical projects/research in an academic or industry laboratory.
- Proficient in the use of analytical techniques and software packages for HPLC analysis. Knowledge of other instrumental techniques such as GC or LC-MS/MS is a plus.
- Familiarity with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) in a pharmaceutical laboratory environment.
- Experience working with Microsoft Excel, Access and Word.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.