Supply Chain Planner
POSITION OBJECTIVE: The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for developing integrated plans to ensure sufficient supply of finished goods. The planner will work with outside partners, sales and marketing, supply chain management and team members to ensure adequate quantities of finished goods with sufficient expiry dating to support demand and support material planning for the product line. The Supply Chain Planner will work with site operations management to oversee capacity planning. The Supply Chain Planner will be responsible for inventory management of inventoried items, raw materials, components, work in process and finished products as well as the supply chain planning, scheduling, and material planning processes in the QAD ERP system.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Work closely with outside partners and sales and marketing to coordinate review of forecast and planned orders. Follow written supply agreements, working documents and forecasts and ensures site is meeting all requirements for supply and communicates regularly as orders are processed at the site.
- Work closely with Procurement to provide monthly forecasting information for several key suppliers as identified in supply agreements.
- Responsible for facilitating the planning meetings for specific product lines. Must manage regular meeting schedules, agendas, meeting minutes and follow through. Develop and maintain strong working relationships with others at all appropriate levels of the organization.
- Develop integrated plans to ensure sufficient supply of finished goods. Supports material supply and materials management operational tasks related to make to order and make to stock demands. Responsible for planning and maintaining targeted inventory levels.
- In collaboration with Supply Chain Management, is responsible for setting inventory policies for inventory levels of planned items.
- Ensure operational excellence in order promising, scheduling, material delivery, and input / output control to achieve exceptional performance to customer commitments and sales and marketing plans.
- Ensure long range forecast maintenance for site demand in QAD system for proper materials requirement planning and detailed scheduling of manufacturing areas.
- Enter production planning, forecasting, work orders and information in QAD. Maintain production planning information daily and weekly as needed to reflect current schedules and plans. Accountable for direct input of accurate, timely and consistent information into QAD.
- Develop procedures and workflow for supply chain processes. Review and revise SOPs to streamline and to improve current practices.
- Support the organization in all aspects of the supply chain with focus and emphasis on material planning. Ensure risk mitigation plans are in place for key materials for continuous supply. Works closely with supplier quality management and participates in risk mitigation evaluation and planning. Anticipate and communicate potential problems and quickly develop and execute mitigation plan.
- Perform the function of material planning for production materials. Determine item planning parameters and maintain data in QAD ERP system to ensure robust MRP system. Responsible for reviewing material requirements planning data and deciding when to order, expedite and delay or cancel materials. Creates POs for inventoried items.
- Coordinate with Procurement regarding incoming materials and provides information to others as needed on stock status. Coordinates with IQC for timely material releases needed to support production needs at the site.
- Maintain robust SOX compliant processes in the supply chain.
- Define, measure, and communicate key performance indicators and supportive metrics that track the effectiveness of inventory management, production planning and manufacturing execution.
- Accountable for ensuring supply chain excellence and continual focus on cost savings, risk reduction and improving customer service.
- Oversee item numbering process and master data information for specific inventoried items. Accountable for direct input of accurate, timely and consistent information into QAD. Work closely with site Engineering and Supply Chain management to ensure effective change control process for materials. Coordinate item changes with product and BOM changes minimizing obsolescence. Ensure proper lifecycle management of item numbers.
- Demonstrate thorough understanding of planning and inventory management. Complete understanding of master data elements including yields, lot sizes, lead times, constraints, order multiples, ABC categories, etc.
- Understand criticality of inventory accuracy of stored material and material provided to production environments. Ensure inventory is current and accurate by item, lot ID, quantity, status, expiry, warehouse site, location, and storage condition. Investigate and resolve inventory discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Participate in the regular review of excessive and obsolete inventory for the site. Provide items for review for regular Material Review Board meetings. Ensure decisions made during MRB meetings are carried out and reflected in the inventory system.
- Proficient in Excel with ability to develop and manage complex workbooks.
- Crosstrain in site Supplier Relationship Management role and perform this role in the absence of this supply chain team member.
- May perform other duties as assigned
Required Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business or supply chain discipline or equivalent experience.
- Five years or more of inventory management and production planning experience – FDA regulated environment a plus
- Fluent and proficient in the practical application of MRP logic, scheduling logic, order policies, capacity planning, input / output control, product structures, and routings.
- Five years of experience with ERP and MRP systems required.
- Leader with superior analytical skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent planning skills with the ability to work seamlessly as part of a team or independently.
- Highly detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong inventory process background with proven track record of accuracy and compliance.
- Strong ability to collaborate and build strategic relationships with internal as well as external stakeholders.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and keen to improve processes and overcome inefficiencies.
- Knowledge of cGMPs and relevant FDA and EU Regulations
- Demonstrated ability of working in a developing environment balanced with an ability to establish plans and drive results
- Problem solving abilities suitable for handling complex issues associated with global supply
- Demonstrated ability and flexibility to work with aggressive and changing timelines, with limited information and without defined absolutes.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Must have a valid driver’s license for travel to local sites and facilities.
Preferred (Not Required) Qualifications:
- APICS certification a plus
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.