POSITION OBJECTIVE: Supporting our Quality Control general laboratory maintenance and workflow activities.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
· Responsible for promoting and maintaining safe and healthy working conditions in his/hers work area; instructs and enforces compliance with established safe work practices and procedures; ensures assigned trainees receive appropriate training and information necessary to conduct their activities in a safe and healthy manner.
· Perform laboratory maintenance duties such as cleaning glassware, removing laboratory trash and cardboard, clean bench top areas, clean water baths, sonicators, eyewash stations, laboratory showers
· Upkeep reagent inventory and discard expired reagents weekly
· Upkeep reference standard inventory and discard expired reagents monthly
· Work with the purchasing department to order lab supplies and materials
· Monitor flammable materials in the Quality Control laboratory
· Dispose of lab waste in appropriate containers and notify the external vendor for waste pickup
· Perform daily pickup of shipments at the warehouse dock
· Receive in daily shipments and label materials per Standard Operating Procedures
· Perform daily water port flushing and weekly balance checks
· Coordinate outside testing and shipments of materials
· Perform weekly reviews of logbooks
· Perform data entry for stability summaries and finished goods reports
· Performs weekly filing of Quality Control documents
· Supports and provides ideas for continuous improvement
· Ensures good manufacturing and documentation practices
Required Education & Qualifications
· Associate degree from accredited college/university preferred
· Minimum of 2 to 5 years experience in a regulated environment is preferred
· Knowledge of current office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Must have a valid driver's license
· Travel to Clarence facility weekly
· This position requires the passing of a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
This is a safety sensitive position and/or a position which has the potential to significantly impact the health or safety of other employees or members of the public. It requires passing a pre-employment drug screen in compliance with federal drug testing rules.