Plant Services Associate (2nd Shift)
POSITION OBJECTIVE: Responsible for supporting plant services at the Athenex Dunkirk Plant.
This is a second shift position. The hours will be Monday through Friday, 2:30 PM to 11:00 PM.
Essential Job Functions/Responsibilities
- Ensures the cleanliness of the interior of our facility, which may include cleaning locker rooms, restrooms, corridors, offices, meeting rooms, break rooms, warehouse areas and loading docks.
- Will also be responsible for waste management and recycling efforts for general office facility. Removing trash/recycling and relining general trash/waste baskets with new liners.
- Additional common tasks may include floor stripping, waxing, sweeping, mopping, and polishing.
- Assist with organizing and staging cleaning supplies, tools etc.
- May assist with exterior cleaning tasks, such as window washing, etc.
- Some cleaning tasks could include manlift operation or working from a ladder.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 lbs. to 35 lbs. on a regular basis.
- Performs all responsibilities safely and cautiously, per our standard operating procedures.
- Other tasks as may be assigned.
Required Education & Qualifications
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience with sanitation, janitorial or general housekeeping, preferably in a manufacturing facility.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Knowledge of cleaning techniques and cleaning materials is preferred.
- Equipment used may include mops, brooms, vacuums, cleaning wipes/cloths/brushes, dusters, floor strippers/waxers, etc.
- Must respect and be able to follow specific safety regulations and plant required procedures.
- Must be able to work from ladders to complete tasks as required.
- Manlift operation and safety experience is strongly preferred.
- Effective communicator with good moral character; must be willing to assist others and be assisted in operations when grouped in a team.
- Must be available to respond to critical situations to maintain the facility as needed.
- Rotating schedules could be implemented to complete tasks as required.
- Must be able to regularly lift 25 lbs. to 35 lbs.on a regular basis.
Athenex is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.
Athenex is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please notify HR and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.