Barn Sanctuary seeks a self-motivated and detail-oriented Business Administrator to keep our office organized, oversee daily activity and identify areas of improvement to propose solutions for day-to-day operations. The Business Administrator will be responsible for bookkeeping, responding to inquiries and requests, handling merchandise fulfillment, keeping the office physically and digitally organized, and offering proposals for internal growth and organizational processes.
The Business Administrator must be comfortable wearing multiple hats; someone who enjoys working on several projects at once. They must be capable of using new modern technology with ease, understand the importance of data entry, be a good communicator (written and verbal), and truly enjoy working with and assisting all types of people across departments and channels. They must be efficient, organized and preferably have customer service and bookkeeping experience.
- Answering and responding to phone calls and email inquiries
- Maintaining the organization’s bookkeeping
- Assisting the Executive staff in scheduling and travel
- Sending and organizing physical mail
- Ensuring all merchandise orders are fulfilled
- Ordering Barn Sanctuary office supplies and branding materials
- Being the welcoming face for and assisting guests and visitors
- Identifying areas for improved customer service and creating processes around cross-channel communications to ensure all customer and donor inquiries are handled in a timely and favorable manner
- Keeping Barn Sanctuary offices organized
- Creating systems and processes for digital asset organization
- Entering data for internal reporting
- At least 2 years experience in business administration or office management
- Preferred: Additional customer service experience
- Must be familiar with and comfortable using Google Suite, PowerPoint and Quickbooks
- Preferred: Demonstrable ability to prepare spreadsheets/reports and have experience working with donor databases
- Must be detail-oriented and a good listener
- Must demonstrate exceptional grammar, writing and communication abilities
Please upload your application packet, combined into a single PDF, which includes each of these documents in the following order: a cover letter, resume/cv, and a list of at least three professional references. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Barn Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee, independent contractor, volunteer, or applicant for any position because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.