Barn Sanctuary is seeking an experienced Programs Manager to manage and run all programs and activities that align and fulfill the organization’s mission and objectives. Program Managers are tasked with developing programs that support the organization’s strategic direction and creating long-term strategies and goals to ensure impact.
Program Managers will be tasked with coordinating existing programs as well as identifying new opportunities. We are looking for someone who will bring new ideas for program initiatives and can effectively implement those initiatives from start to finish. Program Managers will also be in charge of developing budgets and operating plans for programs and writing program funding proposals.
We are looking for a self-starter who can creatively problem-solve, see unique opportunities, project plan and coordinate masterfully between staff and departments to ensure effective and successful program execution. Program Managers should be data and impact oriented, with a knack for seeing the broader vision of the organization and implementing it on the ground level.
Program Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and work with the Executive Director in developing and implementing new ways to grow our advocacy and educational initiatives.
The Programs Manager will be responsible for…
- Vision, plan, and execute humane education and outreach programs according to strategic objectives of Barn Sanctuary
- Develop new program initiatives to further the Sanctuary’s mission
- Plan all programs from conception to execution involving deadlines, milestones, staff and volunteer management
- Analyze and provide monthly and ad hoc reports for sanctuary leadership to aid in strategic decision-making
- Keep senior management and board of directors informed with detailed and accurate reports and presentations
- Work with Development Director to provide reports and engage with donors as needed
- Developing a budget and operating plan for the program.
- Developing an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Writing program funding proposals to guarantee uninterrupted delivery of services.
- Experience as a Program Manager or other managerial position
- Proven understanding of project/program management techniques
- Excellent knowledge of performance evaluation techniques and key metrics
- Experience in data analysis, reporting and budgeting
- Event planning experience
- A business acumen with a strategic thinking ability
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- An understanding of the role and impact value of human education
- Full depth of understanding and passion for the mission, vision and objectives of Barn Sanctuary
Please send your application packet, combined into a single PDF, which includes each of these documents in the following order: a cover letter, resume/cv, and a list of at least three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Programs Manager” in the subject line of your email. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Barn Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee, independent contractor, volunteer, or applicant for any position because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.