Marketing & Communications Manager
Barn Sanctuary is seeking a Marketing Manager to run all communication and marketing campaigns. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for producing and measuring marketing initiatives across Barn Sanctuary social channels, creating strategies for and operating email campaigns, managing website content in Wordpress and ensuring all digital assets are brand compliant. The Marketing Manager will work with the Programs and Development departments to push Barn Sanctuary program and fundraising initiatives across all platforms and digital channels.
The Marketing Manager must possess basic creative skills like photo editing, graphic design and know how to utilize these digital assets to storytell across various marketing mediums. The Marketing Manager must also be adept at writing for social media, blogs, editorials and advertisements, demonstrating an understanding of who our audience is and how to attract and engage them.
We are looking for a self-starter who is strategic in their approach to marketing, data-oriented and impact driven; a creative mind with a knack for measuring campaign effectiveness. The Marketing Manager must be comfortable juggling multiple projects at once and working with various departments on different organizational initiatives. The role requires someone who is a quick-learner, adaptable, enthusiastic, curious, hard-working and meticulous.
- Ensure Barn Sanctuary branding is clear and practiced across channels
- Run day to day social media and email newsletters
- Create successful email marketing and social media strategies to support programs and development goals
- Preparing and executing all inbound/outbound email campaigns
- Providing creative graphics, images and designs for various projects
- Creating merchandise campaigns and spearheading the design of new merchandise
- Using their extensive understanding of all social and marketing communication channels to provide suggestions and proposals to help launch campaigns or build momentum in new and creative ways
- Building and managing content strategies and content calendars
- Engaging Barn Sanctuary followers, fans and donors in various content forms across all digital platforms online
- Write and create multimedia content
- Update and maintain website
- Work with executive staff to create strategies for growth and scalability
- Working with advisors and Executive team to prepare PR
- Ensuring all Barn Sanctuary marketing activities are measurable and demonstrate effectiveness in quarterly and annual reports
- Working with the development department to create processes for recording critical performance data
- Creating a process for testing new cross-channel acquisition and engagement strategies
- Overseeing the accuracy and integrity of all online content
- Storytelling for education and fundraising to support the overall success of the nonprofit
- 4-year degree in a related field or applicable experience
- At least 3 years direct experience in marketing and external communications
- Extremely tech and systems savvy, familiarity with Mailchimp, Donor CRM, and Wordpress
- Basic graphic design skills using Adobe Suite
- Experience building and running editorial calendars
- Exceptional writing and grammar skills
- Extensive knowledge of various social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube). Must be able to communicate the unique role each channel serves, the specific capabilities of each and how it can be leveraged in creative ways to serve a nonprofit mission
- Experience building and maintaining brand integrity and compliance
- Experience using Google Analytics, building key performance reports, with a key aptitude for using data to inform tactics
- Experience building email marketing strategies and using audience segmentation to personalize campaigns and A/B test
- Can demonstrate a knowledge of customer service, engagement etiquette and know how to build meaningful relationships online
- Must be multimedia savvy: knows when and how to use video and photography as creative assets
Apply with a resume and cover letter.
Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Barn Sanctuary is an equal opportunity employer that strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee, independent contractor, volunteer, or applicant for any position because of an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other characteristic protected by law.