The role is primarily focused on implementation of the business logic of a client application conceived in Appway (business process modelling platform) and the extension of it in order to support more business processes to guide efficient digital transformations.
The Appway platform uses as a scripting language the proprietary programming language with the same name.
The language is an Object Oriented programming language for which all the OOP principles (known from an OOP language like Java) are applicable.
- Good understanding of the business logic and technical aspects of client requirements and ability to translate them into functional implementation
- Responsibility & ownership for the tasks assigned: stories to be implemented, defects to be fixed
- Defects investigation, debugging and fixing activities
- Involvement in testing activities, at least for your own implemented features
- Actively participation in a Agile/Scrum team framework (including Team Meetings).
- Knowledge of object oriented programming
- Familiarity with a programming language like Java, C#, PHP, C++, Python
- A basic understanding of how web applications work including security, session management, and best development practices
- Adequate knowledge of relational database systems and web application development
- Familiarity with APIs and RESTful Services
- Knowledge of code versioning tools, such as Git
- Knowledge and experience working with functional and unit testing
- Help maintain code quality, organization and automation
- Willingness to travel occasionally.
Nice to have:
- German language skills
- Willingness to work abroad (for some projects 100% in Europe, probably Switzerland or Germany)
- Experience with writing automation tests
- Experience working in cross-functional Agile/Scrum teams.
BearingPoint delivers business consulting with management and technology capabilities. As an independent firm with European roots and global reach BearingPoint serves leading companies and public sector organisations world-wide to align and optimise processes, IT and operating models with business strategy.
Driven by a strong entrepreneurial mindset and desire to create long-term partnerships, BearingPoint’s consultants are committed to delivering excellence and value to their clients. The firm’s approach to working with clients is highly collaborative and designed to improve business performance, from strategy through to execution. BearingPoint currently employs over 4200 people in 23 countries.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.