Our Technology Consulting group brings together a team of experts in solving our clients’ business challenges through technology and integration with the technology offerings of the wider firm. We focus on helping our clients solve complex business problems involving the assurance of technology solutions. We bring our experience and skills to bear in the most challenging and high profile technology projects.
Our work focuses on three core themes:
- Transforming business processes with technology that provides competitive advantage;
- Achieving and running world class Information Technology advisory services in all aspects of IT;
- Realising value through change, whether in application transformation, infrastructure and sourcing.
Addressing these core themes draws on skills and capabilities across all of the Technology practice and ensures we sit at the heart of our clients’ business success.
A typical Analyst role will involve supporting a team, interacting with client staff and delivering high quality outputs to achieve our clients’ goals.
Typical technical focused Analyst roles involve but are not limited to:
- Gathering and documenting requirements in order to inform a design specification (functional and non-functional requirements) and the facilitation of workshops;
- Where required, model business processes and facilitate their re-design by users (capture As-Is business processes and develop To-Be business processes);
- Building innovative software solutions with the latest technology and software development methodologies (configuration of software products rather than software development);
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that systems and programs are tested and debugged;
- Planning and coordination of User Acceptance testing;
- Designing and delivering end user training;
- Assisting with the design of data and infrastructure architectures; and
- Assisting with complex data migration activities including planning, management and delivery.
In order to support our position as committed technology advisors, we want our Analysts to build a strong foundation of applied knowledge through a wide variety of experiences in delivering technology solutions for clients. This is supported by comprehensive training, both internal and external, and access to the latest BearingPoint’s tools and methodologies.
The candidate should possess:
- Degree in Information Technology (IT)/computer science/software engineering or equivalent;
- Knowledge of software development methodologies e.g. Agile;
- Some knowledge of business process design and notation tools such as BPMN or UML;
- Some knowledge of databases and SQL;
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Visio, Project;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (oral and written), and English (oral and written);
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities;
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours;
- Results focused, strong attention to detail and continually strive to develop new skills and knowledge;
- A desire to pursue a career in technology consulting;
- Some relevant work experience between a 6 months and 2 years.