BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
You are a talented and motivated young professional or university graduate eager to start a career in financial services. You are a team-player and can work in fast-paced environments. You like to take on responsibility and enjoy a steep learning curve. You have a can-do attitude and are driven to reach goals and meet deadlines.
In this role, you will work in an international team to implement and advise on our market leading solution for supervisory- and regulatory reporting - ABACUS. Over 200 institutions worldwide currently use it and the solution will be a key driver of growth for the BearingPoint UK practice.
As a (Junior) Consultant your day to day activity will be a combination of advising clients on site, as well as supporting the development of new software requirements. This will provide you with insights and knowledge in both, the financial industry and products, as well as software development- and implementation projects.
- Implementing our ABACUS solution at financial services customers;
- Working closely with customers and advising them on data requirements and the software functionality to meet their business needs;
- Training new members of the team;
- Research new and upcoming developments in financial and supervisory reporting;
- Defining and testing functional software requirements to comply with local supervisors;
- Support business development (e.g. support sales meetings, proposals, solution visions).
- Master's or Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent;
- A junior professional with 0-3 years of work experience, preferably in the financial services segment (i.e. insurance or banking), but candidates with other backgrounds are also encouraged to apply;
- Knowledge of financial products and regulatory reporting or risk management is a plus, but can also be acquired through self-study and internal training throughout the first months;
- Strong analytical skills required;
- IT affinity and basic knowledge of relational database structures are a plus;
- Willingness to travel domestically and within Europe (less than 20%);
- Excellent communication skills in English
- An inspiring, dynamic and international work environment. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team with talented, professional colleagues;
- Regular social events within our sports and social club, and Friday afternoon drinks etc.
- A special tailored learning and development program during which you can explore different areas of our business and strengthen your core consultancy skills.
- Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, laptop, smartphone, several learning and training opportunities, a collective pension scheme and health insurance
BearingPoint consultants understand that the constantly changing world of business demands holistic and adaptive solutions. We take pride in understanding our clients’ business, agenda and key challenges. We build strong and sustainable relationships based on trust and deliver leading edge solutions with confidence.. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets to tailor solutions for our clients. This responsive and entrepreneurial approach is at the heart of the spirit of our people and has resulted in long-standing trusted relationships with many of the world’s leading organisations. Our 4500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment
agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid
should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.