The technology consulting team help clients gain competitive advantage by developing the latest technology solutions (RPA, machine learning and AI) and using data assets to drive business value. BearingPoint combine their digital, business and technical capabilities to deliver tailored solutions that tackle clients’ challenges. The Data Scientist is responsible for deriving “business value” out of data, by fetching information from various sources and analyzing them. The role will be part of our IT Advisory team. The role is data and research oriented and will carry out tasks that will require a blend of analytical, mathematical and programming skills. The person should be able to work independently and should be able to communicate “business outcomes” in clear and simple language to key customer stakeholders.
- Use Data Science techniques on large data sets to measure results, identify causal impact and attribution, model and predict future performance etc. Should possess the ability to work in different industry data sets.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Write and interpret complex SQL queries, where needed
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and “telling stories” with data analysis results
- Be the go-to person for any data question
- Willing to learn new tools and technologies and keep up-to date in Data Science
- Experience delivering multiple Data Science / Analytical projects including data collection from large datasets, processing, validation, analysis and model building with at least 3 years’ hands on experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as SVM, Random Forest, k-means etc.
- Experience with common Data Science toolkits like R, Python, Spark/ Scala, Scikit Learn, MLLib etc., with excellence in at least one of these
- Proficiency in using query languages like SQL, Pig, Hive, Impala and experience using enterprise level relational databases. Ability to work with both structured and unstructured datasets is preferable.
- Experience of using third party data sources to enhance corporate data
- Experience with Data Visualization and BI tools
- Good understanding of Hadoop, Spark and other Big Data technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to deliver projects and to work within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field is a must.
BearingPoint consultants understand that the constantly changing world of business demands holistic and adaptive solutions. We take pride in understanding our clients’ business, agenda and key challenges. We build strong and sustainable relationships based on trust and deliver leading edge solutions with confidence.. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets to tailor solutions for our clients. This responsive and entrepreneurial approach is at the heart of the spirit of our people and has resulted in long-standing trusted relationships with many of the world’s leading organisations. Our 4500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment
agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid
should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.