The Data Scientist is responsible for deriving “business value” out of data, by fetching information from various sources and analyzing them.
The person should be data and research oriented and should have a unique blend of analytical, mathematical and programming skills, with a proven track record on generating business value from data.The person should be able to work independently and should be able to communicate “business outcomes” in clear and simple language to key customer stakeholders.
The candidate should possess:
- Experience delivering multiple Data Science / Analytical projects including data collection from large datasets, processing, validation, analysis and model building with at least 3 years’ hands on experience
- Excellent understanding of machine learning techniques and algorithms such as SVM, Random Forest, k-means etc.
- Experience with common Data Science toolkits like R, Python, Spark/ Scala, Scikit Learn, MLLib etc., with excellence in at least one of these
- Proficiency in using query languages like SQL, Pig, Hive, Impala and experience using enterprise level relational databases. Ability to work with both structured and unstructured datasets is preferable.
- Experience of using third party data sources to enhance corporate data
- Experience with Data Visualization and BI tools
- Good understanding of Hadoop, Spark and other Big Data technologies
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Team player with the ability to deliver projects and to work within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Degree in mathematics, statistics or computer science or related field is a must.]
- Use Data Science techniques on large data sets to measure results, identify causal impact and attribution, model and predict future performance etc. Should possess the ability to work in different industry data sets.
- Extending company’s data with third party sources of information when needed
- Processing, cleansing, and verifying the integrity of data used for analysis. Write and interpret complex SQL queries, where needed
- Doing ad-hoc analysis and “telling stories” with data analysis results
- Be the go-to person for any data question
Willing to learn new tools and technologies and keep up-to date in Data Science