The Business Development Manager is responsible for building strong commercial and long-term relationships with key account clients and prospects within the Retail Banking and Capital Markets Industry. This includes building key and target relationships, expanding our footprint within Banking accounts and maximising revenue opportunities to an annual sales target. The role will be part of the UK and firm-wide Financial Services team.
- Working with other Senior Managers / Directors / Partners to market, sell and deliver solutions and engagements
- Accountable to the Partner responsible for the Financial Services Industry in the UK
- Building deep and long-lasting client relationships to enhance the reputation of BearingPoint as a trusted advisor and generate ongoing revenues
- Maximise contact with key accounts, key contacts and other critical people across the group and focus efforts to obtain new work and generation of new enquiries for BearingPoint
- Manage Sales & Business Development process / pipeline for BearingPoint to ensure we achieve our sales targets
- Ensure that BearingPoint is on relevant tender lists and preferred supplier lists
- Contribution to the development of though leadership and marketing collateral
- Active contribution to developing and delivering the Financial Services sales plan
- Represent BearingPoint at seminars, industry events & conferences
- Proven business development capabilities with a strong track-record of converted opportunities in UK Banking
- Ten or more years’ experience of the Banking industry with primary focus in working with mid tier Retail Banks and challenger banks
- Proven experience within consulting and ideally also within Banking organisations with an excellent working knowledge of the Banking industry
- A proven professional with excellent sales competencies and the ability to rapidly build and create credibility in the Banking sector
- A clear track record and evidenced ability to network and rapidly engage with their existing networks
- Proven track record in generating new business, developing new key accounts and delivering profitable industry / customer sector growth or delivering successful programmes within UK Banking
- Good understanding of proposition development and high impact client presentations
- Exceptional customer awareness, long term relationship building and relationship building skills including account planning, account marketing and brand building
- Excellent communication, consultative selling and negotiation skills
- Experience in at least one of the following areas: Operational Excellence, Operations Strategy, Change & Transformation, Supply Chain, Digital Strategy, Digital Implementation or Customer Management
- Team player with the ability to deliver projects and to work within integrated, multi-disciplinary project teams
- Assertive, challenging and resilient to set backs
- Achievement and goal focussed
- Optimistic, self-confident with a competitive nature (results focus)
- Ability to understand customers and articulate their needs
- Tenacious and driven to obtain client meetings and calls to achieve their goals
- Ability to network, influence and persuade
- Strong commercial acumen and decision-making skills
- Clearly demonstrates an ability to develop rapport and relationships with customers at all levels
- Confident and effective communicator
- Smart, energetic and perceptive
- A self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills and initiative
- Adopts a positive ‘can do approach’ demonstrating energy and enthusiasm building customer relationships and networks
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets in order to tailor solutions for each client's individual challenges. This adaptive approach is at the heart of our culture and had led to long-standing relationships with many of the world's leading companies and organisations.
Our 4000 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited CVs from 3rd party recruitment
agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is
not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs and no fee will be paid
should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.