Data Warehouse Support Analyst
We have an opportunity for a Database / Application Support Analyst working on a client site in Milton Keynes on an Enterprise Data Warehouse (EDW) project. This is a technical role and would suit someone with good programming and database skills, that is willing to work in a small team of 4 -5 persons, and will require the successful candidate to work with multiple technologies, large data sets and be customer focussed. The EDW uses Teradata and Cognos as its core platform. Other supporting tools include Oracle Data Integrator and $Universe.
This is an ideal role for a candidate who has strong technical skills and experience in database administration and application support and wishes to expand their skills and work within a dynamic, multi-disciplined team. The role will encompass both support and development activities and requires a flexible approach, an interest in technical problem solving, good interpersonal skills and customer management.
Although the role is for a client located in Milton Keynes, the successful candidate will be part of BearingPoint, which is a Management and Technology Consultancy located in London. This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a growing Consultancy, with excellent training and personal growth opportunities.
What You will be doing
· Administering our clients Teradata database across 2 environments
· Designing, building and maintaining physical database objects
· Managing Database Space, Users, Roles and profiles
· Monitoring inbound data feeds and resolving issues as they arise
· Using database administration tools to analyze system status and improve performance
· Manage the backup, archive, restore and disaster recovery processes
· Integrate new data feeds into the data ware house using our ETL technologies
· Supporting our Cognos BI capability
· Satisfying user requests and resolving user issues
Desirable Skills and Experience
· 2 + Years Database Administration experience in any database technology such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL server, DB2 etc.
· A strong understanding of database structures and relational database concepts
· The ability to write complex and efficient SQL queries
· Exposure to database performance and query tuning
· Programming skills - specifically Linux, Shell scripting, VBA
· Knowledge of stored Procedure triggers and functions
· A good understanding of scheduling concepts
· A good understanding of data back-up, archiving and restore processes
· Exposure to Window server management and ODBC/JDBC connection for applications
· Knowledge and understanding of ETL capabilities
· A good understanding of business intelligence capabilities (such as Cognos)
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
· Confidence in dealing with customers
The candidate will need to qualify for an “SC level” security clearance, which is a pre-requisite for the role. Due to the multi-technology environment, the candidate will be expected to learn new technologies via on the job training and therefore must have exceptional dedication and commitment.
The personal values we seek in our candidates are:
· Willingness to Learn – We support multiple technologies, large quantities of data and a complex business environment. No candidate will have all the required experience and skill and therefore must be hungry to learn, develop and grow.
· Passion - We are enthusiastic about what we do and who we are. We are dedicated to the success of our clients and the people within our company. We work hard to ensure we perform at the highest levels, always seeking to become better at what we do.
· Commitment - We are deeply dedicated to the long-term development and success of our own people and our clients. The candidate must be committed to delivering measurable value and results.
· Excellence - Our ambition is to deliver the highest levels of service through high performance, continuous improvement and outstanding efficiency. We lead by example to achieve our goals and we work hard to exceed our clients’ expectations.
· Teaming - We believe that Teaming leads to greater results. We share knowledge, tools and resources across individual, cultural and organisational barriers to get the best possible outcomes for our company, our clients and our people. We help others to succeed and celebrate both individual and team accomplishments.
The role is in Milton Keynes. Working hours are 9am to 6pm although part-time work would be considered for the right candidate. Our company office is located in London and occasional travel to the London office is required and can be expensed.