Junior Regtech Consultant (Technical)
BearingPoint Software Solutions UK is looking for diverse talent to fill implementation roles within our RegTech organisation.
In this role, you will work directly with our clients to help implement our Abacus regulatory reporting software, whilst helping them solve problems creatively and develop their knowledge of our Abacus product suite.
BearingPoint has been providing RegTech solutions to banking, insurance, capital markets and regulator clients across Europe for over 20 years and the award-winning Abacus solution suite is currently used by thousands of reporting entities worldwide.
The successful candidate will report to the RegTech UK lead and will work on client project engagements.
· Implement the Abacus solution for a variety of clients across the Banking and Insurance industry
· Working closely with customers, advising them on data requirements and the software functionality
· Conduct customer requirements analysis
· Document technical and functional specifications
· Prepare and manage customer workshops
· Configure Abacus solutions for optimum use
· Conduct user training
· Successfully establish and manage relationships with key clients
· Keep up to date on RegTech and regulatory activity within the industry
· Support technical implementations by carrying out data mapping, validation, and cleansing and supporting ETL processes
· Conduct demonstrations of the Abacus software to prospects
· Provide support to business development activities such as responding to queries from prospects and clients which may take the form of RFI/RFP documents.
· Minimum Master's degree in IT, Computer Science, Finance, Banking, Business or related fields
· IT or banking background preferred
· Computer Science or STEM background required
· A junior professional with 0-3 years’ experience in IT projects or banking product implementations
· Knowledge in databases, software development, project management preferred
· Knowledge/experience in information systems & IT (e.g. Oracle, MSSQL, XML, XBRL, JSON, CSV etc). Focusing on query building, data transformation and report building logic
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
· Proactive, solutions orientated, autonomous and a team player
· A strong analytical mindset and eagerness to understand and solve new problems
· Must be highly numerate and analytical
· Whilst not mandatory, some exposure to regulations such as; CRD IV, Solvency II and EMIR/MiFID II would be ideal
· Willingness to travel domestically and within Europe (less than 20%)
· A positive personality and passion for working in a client-facing role.
· An inspiring, dynamic and international work environment. You will work in a multi-disciplinary team with talented, professional colleagues
· A chance to build up your consulting and technical skills with direct exposure to the client
· A learning experience to solve business and technical problems and add real value to the client projects
· Exposure to a wide range of financial products and services and the burgeoning RegTech industry
· A special tailored learning and development program during which you can explore different areas of our business and strengthen your core consultancy skills
· Regular social events within our sports and social club, and Friday afternoon drinks etc
· Excellent compensation and benefits packages, such as a permanent contract, laptop, smartphone, several learning and training opportunities, a collective pension scheme and health insurance.