Legal Counsel - Northern Europe, USA & Asia
The firm-wide Legal Team of BearingPoint is looking for a motivated lawyer with focus on commercial contracting and IT/Technology, wishing to work in a dynamic international environment, close to the business with access to local and regional leadership. We offer a unique culture, focused on our people, with great development opportunities.
Provision of high quality, straightforward, enterprising and effective legal support to BearingPoint’s regional business as above. The above region is comprised of practices in the UK, Ireland, Nordics, Italy and the Netherlands (the “Region”). This role will also involve working with other members of BearingPoint’s legal team located in Germany, France, Austria, and Romania.
To support the business on a range of outbound transactions across the whole of BearingPoint’s product and services portfolio in a rapidly growing, culturally and legally diverse and emerging region for BearingPoint.
Key Responsibilities and Activities:
- Identifies and manages legal risk in relation to contracts/transactional work. Handles important work with the authority and responsibility to make and implement decisions, with support provided where required
- Analyses complex legal and business situations and develops creative solutions/recommendations which meet the business and legal needs of the company
- Works with consultants and management at various levels and balances interests.
- Recommends courses of action to management, bid and delivery teams while providing commercially astute advice
- Attends and contributes to deal review and compliance meetings
- Liaises with legal colleagues around BearingPoint. Assists with the implementation of Legal and other core processes. Identifies and communicates improvements
- Structure, draft and negotiate non-standard commercial contracts including; direct client contracts for consulting services and/or IT products and software, RFP/RFI(s) responses, DPAs, subcontracts, license/sublicense and alliance agreements
- Keeps up with current changes on all relevant areas of law and contributes to the enhancement of the knowledge base of the Legal team. Helps to construct contract templates. Uses/develops current contract templates
- Ensures compliance to company processes and policies (anti-bribery, competition law, data privacy, etc.)
- Runs and contributes to firm-wide Legal Department projects
- Qualified as a lawyer in the UK with a reputable law firm with a minimum of 5 years PQE, including a minimum of 2 years direct experience in negotiating complex business transactions in a professional services and/or high-tech industry environment as an in-house lawyer
- Advanced knowledge of best practices in structuring, drafting and negotiating complex high-value transactions, including technology and licensing transactions, together with significant, direct client/customer negotiation experience
- Experience with intellectual property and data privacy issues. Strong Interest in IT and software agreements (including SaaS, managed services etc.) Experience advising clients on and dealing with diverse multinational/international legal issues and multi-jurisdictional commercial transactions
- Ability to digest complex information, form a distinct point of view, and communicate it in a clear and relevant way, exercising sound judgement which balances business needs with legal risks, designed to achieve business objectives with acceptable levels of risk
- A reliable team player with the ability to establish trusted advisor relationships. Builds relationships that help with the execution of duties
- Ability to juggle multiple projects, prioritise and work on tight deadlines. Good problem solving skills, analytical thinking and ability of handling complexity under pressure. Cultural awareness enabling smooth collaboration with a diverse group of clients and customers
- Working knowledge of additional languages in the regions not essential but considered a benefit
- Having an active interest in legal operations and legal technology for in-house departments
BearingPoint consultants understand that the world of business changes constantly and that the resulting complexities demand intelligent and adaptive solutions. Our clients, whether in commercial or financial industries or in government, experience real results when they work with us.
We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets in order to tailor solutions for each client's individual challenges. This adaptive approach is at the heart of our culture and had led to long-standing relationships with many of the world's leading companies and organisations.
Our 4000 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.