Technology Graduate – 6-Month Internship
Technology Graduate – 6-Month Internship
The technology consulting team help clients gain competitive advantage by developing the latest technology solutions (RPA, machine learning, mathematical optimisation and advanced analytics) and using data assets to drive business value. BearingPoint combine their digital, business and technical capabilities to deliver tailored solutions that tackle clients’ challenges.
We are looking for a technology graduate to join us on a very exciting project. In the immediate term, we are converting an existing on-prem software into a cloud-based SaaS platform. Your role would include support of the design, and the development of this tool. You will be supported by an experienced software developer, the Product Owner and one of our Partners.
Continuous learning is key to the development of our team, and we run regular internal and external training at all levels. Alongside ample training opportunities, you will also receive salary (pro-rata) and access to our generous benefits scheme.
At the end of your internship, if you have enjoyed your experience and we believe you have what it takes to become a BearingPoint Technology Analyst, you may be offered a full-time Technology Analyst role.
- Take part in the full software life cycle of the software solutions by designing, developing, testing, deploying and managing in production software solutions built using the latest software development approaches and technologies.
- Gathering and documenting requirements in order to inform a design specification (functional and non-functional requirements) and the facilitation of workshops;
- Work with customers to resolve any production issues they may experience.
- Where required, model business processes and facilitate their re-design by users (capture As-Is business processes and develop To-Be business processes);
- Building innovative software solutions with the latest technology and software development methodologies, including development of internal tools and software (configuration of software products rather than software development);
- Develop and implement comprehensive test plans to ensure that systems and programs are tested and debugged;
- Planning and coordination of User Acceptance testing;
- Designing and delivering end user training;
- Assisting with the design of data and infrastructure architectures; and
- Assisting with complex data migration activities including planning, management and delivery.
- Degree in Computer Science, Software, Electrical, Electronic, or Mechanical Engineering, Physics or Maths or any similar numeric field of study or relevant work experience.
- Exposure to modern iterative and incremental approaches to software development e.g. Agile, Scrum, XP. DevOps
- Knowledge of software development methodologies e.g., Agile;
- Some knowledge of cloud computing approaches e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and containerisation approached e.g. Docker
- Coding skills, ideally including data base development, analytics, web development
- Knowledge of C# and User Interface work
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products: Word, Excel, Visio, Project;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills (oral and written), and English (oral and written).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Results focused, strong attention to detail and continually strive to develop new skills and knowledge.
- A desire to pursue a career in technology consulting.
- Some relevant work experience between a 6 months and 2 years.
BearingPoint consultants understand that the constantly changing world of business demands holistic and adaptive solutions. We take pride in understanding our clients’ business, agenda and key challenges. We build strong and sustainable relationships based on trust and deliver leading edge solutions with confidence.. We combine industry, operational and technology skills with relevant proprietary and other assets to tailor solutions for our clients.
This responsive and entrepreneurial approach is at the heart of the spirit of our people and has resulted in long-standing trusted relationships with many of the world’s leading organisations. Our 4500 people, together with our global consulting network serve clients in more than 70 countries and engage with them for measurable results and long-lasting success.