At BearingPoint, our systems analysts are involved in all aspects of the design of IT based solutions to improve business efficiency and productivity.
The systems analyst works closely with client representatives to assess and document existing and required business processing models and data flows, discuss and agree their findings with the business owners, document their requirements and help to design an appropriate solution. They act as the liaison between the business owners and the development team involved in the delivery project.
Individuals who join BearingPoint are given the opportunity to build a career in business consulting. You will work on a range of projects that use the latest technologies to deliver innovative solutions that are transforming how business is done in Ireland. As your career progresses there are opportunities to specialise in a variety of roles.
The role of the senior systems analyst is to work with the client to understand the business goals and priorities, and to formulate solutions with the support of the developers to meet these goals. Throughout the project’s lifecycle the senior systems analyst acts as a liaison between the client and the development team. The senior systems analyst is a key role in the team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood and met.
You will work across industries and capabilities - as your career progresses to become a specialist.
Typical activities for a Systems Analyst include:
- Organising and facilitating cross-functional workshops with business users and technical staff to gather stakeholder and solution requirements
- Documenting business and system requirements
- Formulating solutions that meet the requirements, including user interface and functional design
- Acting as a liaison with the development and test teams to ensure that the requirements are understood
- Using other requirements gathering methods (e.g. customer interviews, process modelling, root cause analysis, decision analysis etc).
- Managing client expectations and scope, and dealing with change requests
- Leading and mentoring more junior systems analysts
- Leading system analyst teams including some project management activities
- Developing training materials and delivering training
- Working with developers to design prototype of proposed solution
The candidate should possess:
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or related field or a combination of related experience and education
- Minimum 4 years’ post-graduate experience as a business/systems analyst working on systems implementation/integration projects
- Proven track record of specification techniques such as user stories, or use cases
- Experience in Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Some knowledge of databases and SQL
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Visio, Project
- Experience of leading small teams
- Excellent experience of workshop facilitation for small and large groups
- Excellent presentation and communication skills including excellent written and spoken English
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
- Post graduate qualification or certification in business/systems analysis
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Experience in mobile development specification and design an advantage
- Experience in web development specification and design
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.