As a Manager in BearingPoint’s growing Data & Analytics (D&A) practice, you will be given the opportunity to lead the design and implementation of leading edge solutions to meet our clients’ ever increasing needs to maximize the potential of data in realizing their business goals. BearingPoint’s D&A value proposition is based on our proven cross industry experience across the entire D&A solution stack. Our service based offerings are configured to provide the key skillsets required to deliver successful analytics: Data Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, Data Strategy & Governance, Data Warehousing, Analytics & Data Science, as well as BI and Visualizations, all combined with our ability to leverage Business Consulting resources such as Digital Strategy, Industry Regulation and Business Transformation specialists as required.
A key aspect of your role will be to maintain an insightful understanding of the evolving technology and industry trends in the D&A landscape, and applying that insight to the development of BearingPoint’s D&A strategy and solution offering portfolio, enabling us to best meet current and future client requirements and market opportunities. Our reference solution architectures are vendor agnostic by design, and will provide you with opportunities to work with a wide range of industry leader data management and analytics product stacks as well as established and emerging open source components.
The Data & Analytics manager role is client facing, and you will gain valuable career experience working directly with decision making client resources from a broad spectrum of industry sectors; from capital markets clients such as retail banks, asset management companies and insurance providers, public sector entities, automotive bodies, media and telecoms groups, through to medical and life science agencies.
- Primarily responsible for the successful delivery of client engagements and initiatives within our Data & Analytics practice
- Collaboratively develop our go to market Data & Analytics strategy and solution offerings based on your extensive industry knowledge and ongoing research
- Provide subject matter expert input and advisory role input to client engagements as required – strategy and solution advisory, technical resource management, client workshop facilitation and overall engagement management
- Collaborate with BearingPoint colleagues to share knowledge and promote Data & Analytics innovation and assets across the business
- Support business development activities, grow your network and contribute to our proposal development process as required – identify and develop relationships with new and existing clients
- Candidates must hold a postgraduate degree in a computer science or technology related area and be able to demonstrate at least 6 years’ experience in senior project delivery roles across disciplines of enterprise data warehousing, data architecture, business intelligence, analytics or data strategy development
- Experience in managing or supporting the delivery of Data & Analytics projects
- Deep and eager interest in emerging technologies, and the ability to leverage those technologies into a solution to meet our strategic and operational client needs
- Proven experience of supporting business development activities, client relationship management and contribution to winning proposal development
- Previous management experience in developing people and service capability through resource management, coaching and focused career development skills
- Subject matter expert level knowledge of Data & Analytics technologies, best practice models and project delivery methodologies:
o Data Warehousing (SQL, Enterprise Architecture, OLAP)
o Data/Big Data Architecture (Database and EDW design – logical and physical, Big Data Architectures)
o Data Integration (ETL/ELT, API)
o Data Visualization – Traditional large vendor Business Intelligence platforms, next-gen visualization tools (SAP B/O, Cognos BI/Analytics, Tableau, Qlik, SSRS, PowerBI, Kibana etc.)
o Practical experience of project delivery under Agile and LEAN type methodologies
o (Preferable) – Proficient knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning technologies and solutions (SAS, Azure ML, Python, R, IBM Bluemix)
- Required leadership skills to operate in a team environment involving multi-tasking, support and mentoring of junior resources and the consistent delivery of high-quality client deliverables to budget and on time
- Experience in facilitating effective workshops across all levels of an organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data patterns, insights and arguments in a way that is accessible to everyone, especially senior stakeholders at CXO level.
- Emotionally intelligent, resilient and energetic with the focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered
- Strong negotiating and influencing skills, with the ability to influence decision-makers including those at CXO and Board level
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.