As a Senior Consultant in BearingPoint’s growing Data & Analytics (D&A) practice, you will be given the opportunity to deliver the design and implementation of leading edge solutions to meet our clients’ ever increasing needs to maximize the potential of data in realizing their business goals. BearingPoint’s D&A value proposition is based on our proven cross industry experience across the entire D&A solution stack. Our service based offerings are configured to provide the key skillsets required to deliver successful analytics: Data Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, Data Strategy & Governance, Data Warehousing, Analytics & Data Science, as well as BI and Visualizations, all combined with our ability to leverage Business Consulting resources such as Digital Strategy, Industry Regulation and Business Transformation specialists as required.
A key aspect of the D&A Senior Consultant role will be to develop and maintain an insightful understanding of the strategic data and analytics needs of our clients, and combining that insight with your D&A expertise to develop effective and innovative analytics solutions that meet our clients current and future requirements. Our reference solution architectures are vendor agnostic by design, and will provide you with opportunities to work with a wide range of industry leader data management and analytics product stacks as well as established and emerging open source components.
The Data & Analytics Senior Consultant role is client facing, and you will gain valuable career experience working directly with decision making client resources from a broad spectrum of industry sectors; from capital markets clients such as retail banks, asset management companies and insurance providers, public sector entities, automotive bodies, media and telecoms groups, through to medical and life science agencies.
- Primarily responsible for applying your skills and knowledge of D&A architectures, technologies, data analysis, data modeling, enterprise data warehousing, BI/Visualizations, analytics, data science and data management to ensure the successful delivery of client engagements and initiatives within our Data & Analytics practice
- Facilitate effective client workshops and senior management level meetings and clearly communicating key elements at all stages of client engagement
- Senior Consultants assume senior leadership roles on our engagements: design and architectural decision making, leading delivery teams, senior project management responsibilities and performance management and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Collaboratively develop our go to market Data & Analytics strategy and solution offerings based on your extensive industry knowledge and ongoing research
- Collaborate with BearingPoint colleagues to share knowledge and promote Data & Analytics innovation and assets across the business
- Support business development activities, grow your network and contribute to our proposal development process as required
- Candidates must hold a third level qualification in a computer science or technology related area and be able to demonstrate at least 4 years’ experience of senior design and delivery data and analytics roles.
- Subject matter expert level knowledge of Data & Analytics technologies, best practice models and project delivery methodologies:
o Data Warehousing (SQL, Enterprise Architecture, OLAP)
o Data/Big Data Architecture (Database and EDW design – logical and physical, Big Data Architectures)
o Data Integration (ETL/ELT, API)
o Data Visualization – Traditional large vendor Business Intelligence platforms, next-gen visualization tools (SAP B/O, Cognos BI/Analytics, Tableau, Qlik, SSRS, PowerBI, Kibana etc.)
o Practical experience of project delivery under Agile and LEAN type methodologies
o (Preferable) – Proficient knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning technologies and solutions (SAS, Azure ML, Python, R, IBM Bluemix)
- Deep and eager interest in emerging technologies, and the ability to leverage those technologies into a solution to meet our strategic and operational client needs
- Proven experience of supporting business development activities, client relationship management and contribution to winning proposal development
- Required leadership skills to operate in a team environment involving multi-tasking, support and mentoring of junior resources and the consistent delivery of high-quality client deliverables to budget and on time
- Experience in facilitating effective workshops across all levels of an organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data patterns, insights and arguments in a way that is accessible to everyone, especially senior stakeholders at CXO level.
- Emotionally intelligent, resilient and energetic with the focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.