BearingPoint Ireland is currently recruiting experienced Technology Advisors for our existing IT Advisory practice. You will have a deep understanding of the application of IT to business problems and the critical success factors for an IT department. You will be comfortable working at CxO level, across the IT team and business teams. You will also be capable of producing high quality written and verbal reports and presentations applicable to the audience and problem in hand. You will have a keen appreciation for the application of IT for business value and the importance of business benefit realisation from IT investment.
This position requires a minimum of 10 years' commercial IT experience in onsite functional or technical roles with at least 3-5 years’ experience in advisory positions with direct client exposure. You will:
- Understand client problems/needs and create advisory solutions and proposals to address these needs
- Deliver IT advisory review-and-recommend services with full life-cycle management across a wide range of IT concerns
- Hold and partake in workshops and conducting interviews as part of review activity
- Conduct analysis and research, structure recommendations, formulate strategy, provide advice on constructing change and transformation programmes
- Partake in the implementation of strategy including associated governance and supervision and direction setting
- Prepare surveys and information gathering exercises
- Create improvement plans, road-maps and transformation plans
- Size and cost IT review engagement and IT change initiatives
- Conduct and participate in IT due-diligence exercises
- Supervise advisory teams and take a lead role in advisory delivery
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a consulting advisory role with direct client facing responsibility across multiple industry sectors
- Excellent consulting aptitude including influencing skills, client relationship management, verbal and written communication skills, self-starting and self-motivation, leadership and facilitation skills, etc.
- Broad experience and understanding across IT delivery and management including programme, project, transformation/change, operations, data protection, IT security, IT policy and process
- Up to date on existing industry practices and emerging technologies and approaches
- Administrative aspects of IT including budgeting, IT financial management, risk and compliance
- Experience of IT contracts
- IT strategy, organisation design
- IT review processes and lifecycles
- Business and/or technology architecture expertise
- IT delivery methods, approaches and quality assurance
- IT operation standards, processes, quality assurance, continuous improvement etc.
- IT capability and assessment frameworks
- Familiar with frameworks and standards such as ITIL, COBIT, CMMI, ISO 27K Suite
- Familiar with relevant regulatory frameworks such as IFRS, Data Protection, GDPR
- Cross industry sector exposure desirable including both public and private sector
- IT background with exposure to delivery cycles and/or significant experience defining IT architectures
- 3rd level degree in IT related discipline
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.