At BearingPoint, our systems analysts are involved in all aspects of the design of IT based solutions to improve business processing efficiency and lead to increased productivity.
The analyst will work closely with client representatives to understand and document their requirements and help to design an appropriate solution. They act as the liaison between the business owners and the development team involved in the delivery project.
Individuals who join BearingPoint are given the training, support and experience to build a career in IT and Management Consulting. As part of our Technology Consulting team, you will work on a range of projects that use the latest technologies to deliver innovative solutions that are transforming how business is being done in Ireland. As your career progresses there are opportunities to specialise in a variety of roles.
The role of the systems analyst is to work with the client to understand the business goals and priorities, and to formulate solutions with the support of the developers to meet these goals. Throughout the project’s lifecycle the systems analyst acts as a liaison between the client and the development team. The systems analyst is a key role in the team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood.
You will work across industries and capabilities - as your career progresses to become a specialist.
Typical activities for a Systems Analyst include:
- Organise and facilitate workshops with business users to gather business and solution requirements
- Documenting business and solution requirements
- Formulating solutions that meet the requirements, including user interface and functional design
- Acting as a liaison with the development and test teams to ensure that the requirements are understood
- Using other requirements gathering methods (e.g. customer interviews, process modelling, root cause analysis, decision analysis etc).
- Manage client expectations and scope, and deal with change requests
- Developing training materials and delivering training
- Work in various project delivery settings (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Participate in design workshops to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Work with developers to design prototype of proposed solution
- Provides support to the development and QA teams, and operational support as needed
- Supports business development and proposal efforts by gathering general proposal content and/or supporting the development of cost proposals
- Supports, and may contribute directly to, engagement financial activities
- Manages own time and expenses involved in work
- Supports own Performance Management and Continuous Professional Development Process (goals, reviews, engagement reviews, career development)
- Participates in recruiting activities
- Serves as a Peer Advisor or trainer for newly hired Systems Analyst(s)
The candidate should possess:
- Third level qualification in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate experience as a business or systems analyst on a systems integration project
- Good working knowledge skills with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Visio, Project
- Knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Some knowledge of databases and SQL.
- Experience of documenting solution requirements using, e.g. user stories, or use cases
- Excellent English oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of business, technical and management stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Some experience of workshop facilitation and requirements elicitation
- The ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to get up to speed quickly and work across industries
- Post graduate or additional qualification in systems analysis an advantage
- Certified SCRUM Product Owner or Scrum master
- Experience of consultancy work in a client-facing role
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.