As a Senior Business Intelligence (BI) Developer in BearingPoint’s growing Data & Analytics (D&A) practice, you will be given the opportunities to deliver the design and implementation of leading edge reporting and analytics solutions to meet our clients’ ever-increasing need to maximize the potential of data in realizing their business goals. BearingPoint’s D&A value proposition is based on our proven cross industry experience across the entire D&A solution stack. Our service based offerings are configured to provide the key skillsets required to deliver successful BI & analytics: Data Analysis, Enterprise Architecture, Data Strategy & Governance, Data Warehousing, Analytics & Data Science, as well as BI and Visualizations, all combined with our ability to leverage Business Consulting resources such as Digital Strategy, Industry Regulation and Business Transformation specialists as required.
A key aspect of the D&A Senior Business Intelligence role will be to develop and maintain an insightful understanding of the strategic data and analytics needs of our clients, and combining that insight with your BI and data modelling expertise to develop effective and innovative solutions that meet our clients current and future requirements.
This particular role is focused on developing BI and Analytics solutions on the Microsoft Business Intelligence and Analytics solution architecture stacks, with a specific emphasis on SQL Server, Analysis Services and Power BI.
The Senior BI Developer role is client facing, and you will gain valuable career experience working directly with decision-making client resources from a broad spectrum of industry sectors; from capital markets clients such as large financial institutions, asset management groups and insurance providers, public sector entities and regulatory bodies, automotive companies, media and telecoms groups, through to medical and life science agencies.
- Primarily responsible for applying your skills and knowledge of Microsoft BI and analytics architectures, technologies, data analysis, data modeling, enterprise data warehousing, BI/Visualizations, analytics, data science and data management to ensure the successful delivery of client engagement and initiatives within our Data & Analytics practice
- Facilitate effective client workshops and senior management level meetings and clearly communicate key elements at all stages of client engagement
- Senior Consultants assume senior leadership roles on our engagements: design and architectural decision-making, leading delivery teams, senior project management responsibilities and performance management and mentoring of junior colleagues
- Collaborate with BearingPoint colleagues to share knowledge and promote Data & Analytics innovation and assets across the business
- Support business development activities, grow your network and contribute to our proposal development process as required
- Candidates must hold a third level qualification in a computer science or technology related area and be able to demonstrate at least 3 years’ experience of senior design and delivery of Microsoft BI assets
- Subject matter expert level knowledge of Microsoft BI and analytics technologies:
- Data Warehousing via SQL Server
- Data Integration - ETL/ELT using SQL Server Integration Services (SSIS)
- Data Modeling – SQL Server, SQL Server Analysis Services, XMLA, Analysis Management Objects (AMO), Tabular Object Model (TOM), Multidimensional (OLAP, MDX/DAX)
- Data Visualization – SSAS, SSRS and PowerBI
- DevOps – Source control, build and integration management, release cycle management (TFS)
- Practical experience of software delivery lifecycle (SDLC) project delivery under Agile and LEAN type methodologies
- (Preferable) – Proficient knowledge of Data Science and Machine Learning technologies and solutions (SAS, Azure ML, Python, R, IBM Bluemix)
- (Preferable) – Additional experience integrating data into Microsoft products such as SharePoint and Dynamics CRM
- Keen and eager interest in emerging technologies, and the ability to leverage those technologies into a solution to meet our strategic and operational client needs
- Proven experience of supporting business development activities, client relationship management and contribution to winning proposal development
- Required leadership skills to operate in a team environment involving multi-tasking, support and mentoring of junior resources and the consistent delivery of high-quality client deliverables to budget and on time
- Experience in facilitating effective workshops across all levels of an organization
- Strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to present complex data patterns, insights and arguments in a way that is accessible to everyone, especially senior stakeholders at CXO level.
- Emotionally intelligent, resilient and energetic with the focus and determination to get the job done effectively, overcoming any difficulties that may be encountered
- A willingness to learn and develop new skills
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.