We have an exciting opportunity to join our Managed Service team providing support to one of our key customers in Ireland. This role will primarily be based in BearingPoint’s office in Dublin and will involve regular meetings at client offices also located within Dublin.
This role provides you the opportunity to work on a large-scale engagement providing a mission critical service to our client’s customers in Ireland and around the world. You will be responsible for the day to day operational support and technical delivery management for this key client. In this role, you will lead a small team together with managing external vendors who collectively provide support for the client. Ideally you will come from a technical background to allow you to gain an understanding of the system being supported so you can provide guidance to the team and client’s IT staff. You should be equally comfortable working with business and technical members of the client team.
As a Technical Delivery Manager your key responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring client satisfaction with the service through management of SLAs and proactively working with them to resolve issues.
- Leading and prioritising your team’s workload based on client priorities.
- Providing technical leadership and oversight for the team’s activities
- Examining potential areas for technical service improvement.
- Contributing to the planning of application / infrastructure releases and configuration changes.
- Maintaining application monitoring, performance tuning and testing.
- Ensuring that robust procedures and processes are in place.
- Following appropriate procedures and policies e.g. change control, security and auditing, release, configuration etc.
- Knowledge sharing with team members.
- Ensuring all documentation is up to date.
Experience and skills required:
- Previously held a Technical Delivery Management role for at least 3 years.
- ITIL certified.
- Strong background in incident, problem and release management.
- Clear, demonstrable knowledge and expertise of Technical Delivery Management standards and practices and how these should be applied in day to day activities.
- Strong stakeholder and vendor management.
- Leadership skills to motivate, mentor and lead the team to maintain focus on high quality customer service together with continuous improvement.
- Technical background with knowledge / experience of the SDLC, infrastructure including commissioning, application support and monitoring.
- Managing service and project financials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills together with the ability to write clear, concise client reports.
- The environment contains a mix of Unix and Windows based platforms; experience working in a similar environment would be an advantage.
- Self-starter with ability to deal with the challenges of new and changing environments.
- Demonstrate energy, effort and enthusiasm for delivery and results.
- Good time management.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.