At BearingPoint Ireland, we are growing quickly and have a number of exciting new projects to challenge the very best IT professionals. We are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in Ireland. We are looking for talented DBAs with SQL strong SQL development skills to join our Software Development team working on some of the largest and most complex SQL Server implementations in the country.
Responsibility for design, development and administration of very large SQL Server database implementations, and playing a key role in ensuring the quality of solutions we build.
The candidate must possess:
- At least 5 years’ experience working with Microsoft SQL Server in a development and/or administrator capacity, at least 2 years of which were SQL Server database administration experience, ideally in large scale enterprise environments.
- Extensive experience of MS T-SQL development including stored procedures, functions and views.
- Experience of administering MS Availability Groups and Clusters.
- Experience in proactive monitoring of database environments (preferably of large to very large environments)
- OLTP and batch processing development in a large scale database environment
- Ability to navigate complex schema with minimal guidance
- Strong query tuning and index optimisation ability (including filtered indexes, materialised views, etc.)
- Data modelling experience involving ORMs such as Entity Framework
- Familiarity with Agile delivery methodologies and the SDLC
- Strong interpersonal and written/oral communication skills
The ideal candidate would also possess:
- Relevant MS SQL Certification.
- MS SQL 2017 and SQL Azure experience.
- PowerShell scripting experience.
- Knowledge of ITIL practices.
- Experienced in GIT source control processes.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.