BearingPoint is seeking a motivated Senior Java Developer to join our Software Solutions team. BearingPoint has been providing RegTech solutions to banking, insurance, capital markets and regulator clients across Europe for over 20 years and the award-winning Abacus solution suite is currently used by over 2,550 reporting entities worldwide.
You will work in a friendly and supportive environment, with a variety of challenging and innovative projects. You will contribute to a wide range of activities including estimation, technical design, analysis, implementation, support and testing tasks. If successful, you will have every opportunity to increase and enhance your technical expertise while also developing your leadership skills and progressing your career.
- Provide estimates for development tasks, striving for accuracy and meet deadlines
- Participation in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements to existing applications
- Hands-on technical development and problem solving
- Collaboration with on-site and remote team members
- Show the ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use
- Work with the team to continually improve
The candidate must possess:
- A Third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in a large-scale Java EE environment
- A passion for innovation and creative problem solving, and intellectual curiosity
- Self-motivation with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Strong database and SQL development experience
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight timelines
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
The candidate should possess:
- Experience designing, developing and maintain a highly complex Java application which is based on a client-server architecture as well as a relational database for data maintenance.
- Proficiency with database design, SQL and stored procedures (Oracle)
- Experience with different data formats such as JSON and XML
- Experience across multiple Operating Systems
- Experience with Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Sonar or similar for code quality and code coverage
- Experience and in-depth understanding of Agile methodologies such as SCRUM/Kanban
- Experience in Test Driven Development and automated testing tools like Junit, Cucumber/Gherkin
- Experience using Git, Maven, Gradle and Jenkins
- Experience in working with the WildFly environment is an advantage
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities.
- Willingness to work occasionally outside of normal business hours.
- Results focused, have a strong attention to detail and continually strive to develop new skills and knowledge
- Experience in banking and insurance is an advantage
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.