Head of Development
As consultants, we work with our clients to ensure we’re delivering the best possible solution for their needs. Our development team is made up of passionate developers focused on software excellence. We stay up to date with the latest trends and love learning new skills allowing us to focus on building the right solutions for our clients.
We have grown in the last year and are now looking for the right person to lead, inspire and manage our team to continue to build on our success.
As Head of Development, you will
· Lead the team to champion software quality and develop technical visions while ensuring our clients are satisfied
· Get to work on large-scale custom, multi-tier, enterprise development projects
· Set the technology strategy for our development team together with our architects and senior developers
· Promote agile best practices and continuous delivery
· Help to grow our next generation of developers and take a key role in their career development
· Be an ambassador for BearingPoint
· Work in a dynamic, collaborative environment where your talent and contributions are valued
· Work with our internal resourcing team to ensure team members are assigned to the right projects
· Work with our business development team, shaping our offerings, responding to client proposals and presenting at client meetings
· Work with our internal recruitment team to ensure we’re hiring the right people and onboarding them effectively
· Build relationships across BearingPoint, our clients and partners from both a business and technical perspective
Essential Skills & Experience:
Your experience should demonstrate:
· Hands on development and delivery experience with a broad mix of languages and technologies primarily focusing on Java and .Net
· More than 8 years’ experience managing development teams including recruitment and management of the team
· Great technical skills and knowledge of software best practices including refactoring, clean code, domain driven design, etc.
· A history working with Agile and / or Continuous Delivery approaches and best practices
· Passion for software engineering
· An ability to work in a variety of client settings and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.