At BearingPoint, our service management systems analysts are key members of the production support teams that provide support and maintenance to large-scale IT solutions. These teams are responsible for defining and running the service management business processes including incident management, problem management, service requests, and change requests.
The role of the service management systems analysts is to investigate defects and incidents, document business requirements and functional solutions, partner with the development team on resolutions, support the testing and go-live, facilitate testing and go-live activities for enhancements and major releases, create system documentation and training materials, and answer queries from end-users. The systems analyst is a key role in the team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood and met.
Individuals who join BearingPoint are given the opportunity to build a career in IT consulting. You will work on a range of projects that use the latest technologies to deliver innovative solutions that are transforming how business is done in Ireland. As your career progresses there are opportunities to specialise in a variety of roles.
Typical activities for a Service Management Systems Analyst include:
· Analysing incident reports and change requests and liaising with business users on these
· Documenting business and system requirements
· Formulating solutions, in conjunction with the developers, that meet the requirements, including user interface and functional design
· Acting as a liaison with the development and test teams to ensure that the requirements are understood
· Managing client expectations and scope, and dealing with change requests
· Create and update system documentation and contribute to knowledge management
· Developing training materials and delivering training
· Using various methodologies, depending on the project (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
· Providing support for the development of quality deliverables
· Providing operational support to projects as needed
· Support process improvement initiatives to define better ways of delivering services to clients
· Supporting business development and proposal efforts by gathering general proposal content and/or supporting the development of cost proposals
· Supporting, and possibly contributing directly to, engagement financial activities
· Managing own time and expenses involved in work
· Supporting own Performance Management and Continuous Professional Development Process (goals, reviews, engagement reviews, career development)
· Third level qualification in Information Technology or related field
· Minimum 3 years’ post-graduate experience in an IT role
· Working knowledge of ITIL processes, particularly in Request, Problem, Incident and Change Management, how they interrelate and how they can be adopted successfully
· Experience in a service management or similar role
· Experience of gathering and analysing business requirements
· Proven track record of specification techniques such as user stories, or use cases
· Some knowledge of databases and SQL
· Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Visio, Project
· Excellent English oral and written communication skills
· Excellent presentation and communication skills
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
· Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
· Ability to work across industries
· ITIL certification
· Post graduate qualification or certification in business/systems analysis
· Certified SCRUM Product Owner or Scrum Master
· Experience in Unified Modelling Language (UML)
· Development, implementation and adherence to standards
· Consistently deliver high quality outputs that meet engagement manager and client expectations
· Demonstrate ability to work both independently and within a team
· Successful delivery of technology projects
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.