We are looking for a motivated Developer to come join our BearingPoint Beyond agile team. You will work in a friendly and supportive environment, on a variety of challenging and innovative projects. You will contribute to a wide range of activities including estimation, technical design, analysis, implementation, support and testing tasks. With BearingPoint, you will have every opportunity to increase and enhance your technical expertise, while also developing your leadership skills and progressing your career.
· Provide estimates for development tasks striving for accuracy
· Participate in the full development lifecycle of new functionality and enhancements to existing applications
· Conception and development of web frontends and business components as well as the connection of the software to various database systems
· Development of service-oriented architecture and modelling as well as implementation of business processes
· Do hands-on technical development and problem solving
· Collaborate with your team members
· Show the ability to acquire new skills and put these to effective use
· Work with your team to continually improve
Technologies we use:
Java 8, JEE, Spring Framework, Maven, Git, Node.js, Angular, Cucumber, Activiti, Relational Databases, Messaging Solutions, REST, SOAP, Hibernate, ElasticSearch, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack...
You should have…..
- A Third level qualification in Computer Science or equivalent
- A minimum of 5-years’ experience in a large-scale Java EE environment
- A passion for innovation and creative problem solving, and intellectual curiosity
- Self-motivation with the ability to prioritise, meet deadlines and manage changing priorities
- Strong database and SQL development experience
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with multiple business and technical teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver production quality software within tight timelines
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
· A strong attention to detail and continually strive to develop new skills and knowledge
And it would be great if you also have experience in some of the following…
- Designing and developing Web Service interfaces, web frontends and business components
- Proficiency with database design, SQL and stored procedures
- Spring Framework, Spring Integration and persistence frameworks like JPA and Hibernate
- Working across multiple Operating Systems
- Jenkins for Continuous Integration and Sonar or similar for code quality and code coverage
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies such as SCRUM/Kanban
- Test Driven Development and automated testing tools like Junit, Cucumber/Gherkin
- Git/BitBucket/Subversion, and JIRA, Maven and Sonar
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.