At BearingPoint, our Systems Analysts are key members of the production support teams that provide support and maintenance to large-scale IT solutions. These teams are responsible for defining and running the service management business processes including incident management, problem management, service requests and change requests.
You will have the opportunity to build a career in IT consulting. You will work on a range of projects that use the latest technologies to deliver innovative solutions that are transforming how business is done in Ireland. As your career progresses you will have opportunities to specialise in a variety of roles.
- Document business and system requirements
- Analyse incident reports and change requests and liaise with business users on these
- Formulate solutions, in conjunction with the developers, that meet the requirements, including user interface and functional design
- Act as a liaison with the development and test teams to ensure that the requirements are understood
- Manage client expectations and scope, and dealing with change requests
- Create and update system documentation and contribute to knowledge management
- Develop training materials and deliver training
- Use various methodologies, depending on the project (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Provide support for the development of quality deliverables
- Provide operational support to projects as needed
- Support process improvement initiatives to define better ways of delivering services to clients
You should have…..
- Third level qualification in Information Technology or related field
- Minimum 5 years’ post-graduate experience in an IT role
- Experience of gathering and analysing business requirements
- Proven track record of specification techniques such as user stories, or use cases
- Some knowledge of databases and SQL
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Visio, Project
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the development and implementation of standards, procedures and guidelines to support operational processes
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to work across industries
Please include a cover letter with your application.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.