DevOps / Release Engineer (.NET)
This is a great opportunity for a junior DevOps / Release Engineer to join our team of engineers supporting development projects across BearingPoint. You will gain exposure to Continuous Software Delivery using technologies such as PowerShell, Azure DevOps, Jenkins and Azure to build out CI/CD pipelines. These will cover Build, Release, Test, Deploy and also SRE activity for both cloud and on-premise applications.
- Be responsible for maintaining and improving CI/CD frameworks from medium to enterprise scale
- Be responsible for management of source code, branches, merges, commit policies, using GIT, TFS and Azure DevOps
- Work within an Agile environment and you will support multiple project teams and codebases to enable the deployment of application releases to controlled test and production environments, spanning multiple on-site servers and cloud infrastructure
- Collaborate with Software Development, QA Engineers, and System Architects to continuously improve the efficiency and reliability of build and deployment processes to support all phases of development, QA and production releases
- Gain exposure to penetration testing, vulnerability scans and code analysis technology
- Provide and maintain a detailed understanding of the structure and inter-dependencies of systems and leverage your knowledge to improve our build and release processes
- Maintain and enhance our Continuous Integration environment on a real-time basis, monitor builds, maintain configuration, and develop automation
- SRE for environments using Windows Server/Azure components and bespoke applications
You should possess…
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Technology background preferably with development experience in .Net solutions
- Debugging and troubleshooting knowledge and experience
- Experience using gitflow or knowledge of branching methodologies
- Passion for innovation and creative problem solving and intellectual curiosity
- Strong consulting aptitude including influencing skills, verbal and written communication skills (including fluent English), self-starting and self-motivation, leadership and facilitation skills, etc.
- Ability to liaise between the customer, vendors, project management and the technical team on questions, issues and revisions to a solution
- Excellent knowledge on multi system landscape architecture and design techniques
- Ability to research new and emerging technologies and their relevance to clients
- Knowledge of testing frameworks and strategies an advantage
- Exposure to technology specification for bid and sales cycles an advantage
- 3rd level degree in Computer Science (or equivalent)
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.