BearingPoint is seeking experienced technology consultants to join our advisory team and support the design and adoption of technology by our clients to drive business growth and enable new business models. Our approach is based on delivering pragmatic, actionable guidance to our clients which can demonstrate a strong value return from technology investment.
The ideal candidate will have spent a number of years working in a consulting environment (within a large organisation or with clients) and have strong technical knowledge in the key areas of IT strategy and architecture. The role involves engagement with senior level management in our clients to gain an understanding of their business objectives and to create attractive, pragmatic technology plans to meet business demands focused on rapid time to value. You will be seen as a technology leader by clients and will have the opportunity to influence and define both business and ICT strategy and to design key technology landscapes for leading organisations in Ireland. There will also be the opportunity to collaborate with our team across Europe.
· Be ambitious, outgoing, self-motivated and keenly interested in applying technology to achieve tangible business outcomes
· Contribute to IT strategy, architecture management, governance, technology evaluations and be instrumental in the technology decision making process
· Have the ability to capture and understand core business needs and reframe these in a technology context and communicate your vision effectively to achieve stakeholder buy-in
· Be comfortable in defining technology roadmaps based on IT strategy
· Be technology agnostic and able to work across differing technologies and vendors
· Be comfortable working in a consulting environment where the problems or solutions are not always obvious and working in a collaborative fashion with clients and team members is required to find the best solutions
You should have:
· a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a consulting role or with direct client facing responsibility across multiple industry sectors
· been a key contributor to the planning and delivery successful enterprise scale business technology transformation programs
· a track record in designing and overseeing the implementation of technology solutions which delivered tangible business outcomes
· experience of delivering technology solutions and knowledge of digital and agile approaches to design and delivery
· the ability to lead technology proposals, defining technology solutions for submission to our clients
· strong consulting aptitude including influencing skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills (including fluent English)
· a passion for innovation, creative problem solving and learning how emerging technology can be applied to business challenges
· up to date knowledge on existing technology standards and emerging technologies
· an understanding and ability in an architecture development methodology (e.g TOGAF)
· a third level degree or certification in a technology discipline (architecture is a preference)
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in three units: Consulting, Solutions and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, regulatory technology and advanced analytics; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.