At BearingPoint, our systems analysts are involved in all aspects of the design of IT based solutions to improve business processing efficiency and lead to increased productivity. The analyst will work closely with client representatives to understand and document their requirements and help to design an appropriate solution. They act as the liaison between the business owners and the development team involved in the delivery project.
Individuals who join BearingPoint are given the training, support and experience to build a career in IT and Management Consulting. As part of our Technology Consulting team, you will work on a range of projects that use the latest technologies to deliver innovative solutions that are transforming how business is being done in Ireland. As your career progresses there are opportunities to specialise in a variety of roles.
The role of the systems analyst is to work with the client to understand the business goals and priorities, and to formulate solutions with the support of the developers to meet these goals. Throughout the project’s lifecycle the systems analyst acts as a liaison between the client and the development team. The systems analyst is a key role in the team and it is their job to convey the solution vision and ensure that the client goals and priorities are understood.
You will work across industries and capabilities - as your career progresses to become a specialist.
Typical activities for a Systems Analyst include:
- Facilitate workshops with business users to gather business and solution requirements
- Responsible for documenting business and solution requirements, and obtaining sign-off for these requirements from business and technical stakeholders
- Formulate solutions that meet the requirements, including user interface and functional design
- Work with the development and test teams to ensure that the requirements are understood, to act as a liaison between IT and business stakeholders, and support requirements throughout the lifecycle
- Implement various requirements gathering methods (e.g. customer interviews, process modelling, root cause analysis, decision analysis etc) as appropriate
- Manage client expectations and scope, and deal with change requests
- Develop and deliver training materials
- Work in various project delivery settings (Waterfall, Agile etc.)
- Participate in design workshops to provide innovative solutions to clients
- Support business development and proposal efforts by gathering general proposal content and/or supporting the development of cost proposals
- Support technical stakeholders in capturing non-functional requirements
- Support own Performance Management and Continuous Professional Development Process (goals, reviews, engagement reviews, career development)
- Participate in recruiting activities
- Serve as a Peer Advisor or trainer for newly hired Systems Analyst(s)
- Contribute to the System Analysts competency group to promote knowledge-sharing and collaboration with colleagues
The candidate should possess:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar role
- Third level qualification in Technology/Business
- Minimum 2 years post-graduate experience as a business or systems analyst on a systems integration project
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Visio, Project)
- Knowledge of Unified Modelling Language (UML)
- Good knowledge of databases and SQL
- Experience of documenting solution requirements using, e.g. user stories, or use cases
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels of business, technical and management stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience of workshop facilitation and requirements elicitation
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, and manage changing priorities
- Proven ability to be flexible and work hard, both independently and in a team environment, with changing priorities
- Ability to get up to speed quickly and work across industries
- Experience in financial services is desired
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
What benefits are available to me:
BearingPoint offers excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.