IT Service Desk Support Analyst
BearingPoint Ireland is recruiting an IT Service Desk Support Analyst to join our existing Managed Service Desk team. You should have strong communications skills and excel at building rapport with clients, other internal support teams and with external service providers. You should be a responsible process-oriented person who can work on your own initiative.
· Provide for 1st level service desk support to multiple clients and users daily
· Have a good telephone manner and provide feedback and support customers in a prompt, professional manner
· Troubleshoot and resolve issues/tickets raised by end-users and internally in adherence to Service Level Agreements
· Manage your time well especially where there are multiple conflicting deadlines and competing priorities
· Day to Day use and administration of BMC Footprints system encompassing Incident, Problem and Change management
· Have a good technical understanding and willingness to apply knowledge to process enhancements and problem resolution
· Log, prioritise and monitor helpdesk issues through to resolution
· Optimize issue resolution by following production support procedures – effective, efficient, documented issue resolution
· Work closely within the support team and liaise with other level 2 and 3 team members and/or managers to maintain and apply common processes
· Be confident and capable of following up with colleagues/clients/third-parties at different levels
· Produce periodic reports - daily, weekly, monthly required by the client and extract data where necessary
· Provide IT system administration, hardware and software support and maintenance
· Configure and maintain the Client's hardware, software, and related infrastructure
· Identify trends and escalate issues to management
· Good team player and willing to share information with other help-desk team-members readily
· Committed to exceeding client expectations and meeting SLA’s
· Create and update procedural documentation in support of the helpdesk and its clients
· Take ownership of non-standard helpdesk tasks and follow them through to completion
· Have good Word and Excel skills and familiarity with reporting tools such as Power BI is a bonus
· Have basic understanding of ITIL
· Business/Technical diploma required and a minimum of 4 years’ experience
Your Technical Skills should include
- Experience in shell scripting, bash, and SQL
- Experience with Tomcat, Weblogic
- Knowledge in Enterprise DBMS, such as Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server technologies such as Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Group Policy etc.
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website www.bearingpointcareers.ie
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.