At BearingPoint Ireland, we are growing quickly and have a number of exciting new projects to challenge the very best Test Managers. We are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in Ireland. We are looking for a talented Test Manager to join our QA team.
We are looking for a Test Manager to join one of our highly successful implementation teams. Our test teams play an integral role in the software development lifecycle of our projects and work with our teams to ensure the high quality that our solutions are known for.
As a Test Manager you will be responsible for:
- Managing the end-to-end test delivery for IT Projects
- Developing and maintain a Test Strategy document, schedules and manage project test risks
- Planning Test Effort & Test Approach in line with test policies and quality gates
- Definition of test scope based on functional and technical specifications
- Coordinating all test cycles across multiple working groups as aligned to the agreed plans. This may include working with client test teams and test management with respect to client led test phases
- Co-ordinating Junior and Senior Testers across 1 or more sprint teams to ensure successful delivery of high-quality requirements and deliverables
- UAT Management
- Defect Management
- Test Progress Tracking and Reporting across test phases – includes various SDLC (Agile and Waterfall)
- Driving Test Process Improvement through detailed analysis of test related data and quality metrics
- Providing Test Estimates (Time and Resources) for all Test Cycles aligned to agreed plans
- Engaging with PM’s/Working Group Leads with respect to project schedule, estimates, costs, RAID items, roadblocks, etc.
- Participating in regular meetings with stakeholders to communicate accomplishments, plans and issues as well as any test related risks to the project’s progress
- Enforcement of Quality Gates including provision of Test Closure Reports
- Driving improvements for the QA Competency that will positively impact how we deliver projects
You must have: ·
- A minimum of 10 years’ software testing experience on complex IT projects and 5+ years’ experience as a Test manager
- Demonstrated organisational skills, decision making skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work effectively at all levels of the organization and influence others to move toward consensus
- Experience with test management of multi-application solutions
- Demonstrated knowledge of Software test/release process. Thorough understanding of testing methodologies, including test automation and testing standards
- Excellent analytical and communications skills. Strong Communication skills working with local and remote teams providing regular updates and escalating issues when necessary
- Strong leadership skills, results (quality/schedule) focused, emphasizing team accountability, motivation, performance management and conflict resolution
- Capability of effectively negotiating with peers without direct authority
• Test Automation Tooling
• TMMi Certification and Experience
• ISTQB Test Management Certification
• Familiarity with AWS / Azure DevOps approach
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.