BearingPoint Ireland has an exciting opportunity for a Database/Server Administrator to join our growing team. We are working with a wide range of clients, on a number of complex projects that are transforming the way business is being done in Ireland
You should have:
- Minimum of 3 years’ IT experience as a database administrator
- Experience in the administration, operation and maintenance of SQL Servers, Windows Servers/Networks/Clusters/IIS, Biztalk, .Net Framework
- Proven Ability to write automated scripts using PowerShell, SQL
- Experience with Problem, Incident and Event Management processes & procedures (i.e. dealing with outages or environment issues)
- Experience in a service environment (i.e. customer service desk and work item prioritisation and mgt., SLA mgt.)
- Good communication and language skills in the English language (presenting, documenting, workshopping)
- Technical knowledge of automation tools and technical standards
- Knowledge of software delivery practices, modern delivery methodologies (incl. Agile) – i.e. the ability to understand how a delivery project works and the constraints that they are working in
- Knowledge of database build and release management processes
- Experience in the configuration and setup of database environments
- Knowledge of Microsoft clustering technology (in particular Windows, SQL and BizTalk clustering) and Virtualisation (in particular Hyper-V and VMWare)
- Knowledge of Microsoft BizTalk scripting
- Experience of Microsoft Azure cloud technologies (Application Insights, Cloud Services, Storage Services, Redis Cache, Service Bus Queueing, Active Directory, traffic management and high availability configurations, operational knowledge of Windows Azure consoles)
- Experience in a Microsoft development environment in particular the Microsoft IDE product set i.e. Visual Studio and AzureDevOps/GIT
- Experience of SQL database monitoring tools and database optimization standards
- Experience of database design from an online, batch and reporting perspective
- 3rd level degree in IT related discipline
What benefits are available to you?
BearingPoint offers hybrid working, excellent salary prospects and a best-in-class benefits package. For further information, see BearingPoint’s careers website.
If this sounds like the environment for you then we look forward to hearing from you!
Equality & Inclusion
BearingPoint is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where each individual feels they belong. Fostering a work environment with a strong sense of community and where everyone can thrive is a core pillar of our business. We are focused on attracting and retaining the best people with the right skills and the desire to deliver excellent results, regardless of background. In return, we will provide a working environment in which everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to fulfil their potential, where their talents are fully utilised and company goals are met. We celebrate the strength that comes from our similarities and our differences through local initiatives which promote inclusion, outreach and respect.
BearingPoint is an independent management and technology consultancy with European roots and a global reach. The company operates in four units: Consulting, Solutions, Business Services, and Ventures. Consulting covers the advisory business; Solutions provides the tools for successful digital transformation, advanced analytics and regulatory requirements; Business Services provides managed services beyond SaaS; Ventures drives the financing and development of start-ups. BearingPoint’s clients include many of the world’s leading companies and organizations. The firm has a global consulting network with more than 10,000 people and supports clients in over 75 countries, engaging with them to achieve measurable and sustainable success.
BearingPoint does not accept unsolicited cvs from 3rd party recruitment agencies without a written agreement in place for placements. BearingPoint is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited cvs and no fee will be paid should the candidate be hired by BearingPoint.