Becketts are the largest independent manufacturer and supplier of Bacon and Gammon products to the foodservice market and the retail sector. As an independent family business with international backing, we're dedicated to providing Bacon at its best.
We are looking for a number of Production Operatives as a result of expansion and increased business.
You will be working in a fast paced food production environment supplying bacon and gammon products to the foodservice and retail markets. This role is a key role for our business.
You will be required to be a multi-skilled operative in the following tasks:-
- Weigher ~ light repetitive work
- Packing 2.5kg boxes of bacon/gammon
- Press operative - operating the machine which presses the bacon into shape
- Slicer operative - operating the machine which slices the bacon
- Moving full boxes of bacon/gammon onto a pallet
All tasks require the operative to work standing throughout the shift. There is some aspect of manual handling boxes and operating heavy machinery.We rotate our colleagues around the above jobs wherever possible.
We are looking for the following in the successful candidates:
- Experience within a food manufacturing environment
- Working to tight deadlines
- An understanding of HACCP and Food Safety
- A good level of English language is desirable (Ideally ESOL E2)
- Willingness to learn
As we are a foodservice provider, the work is in a cold environment (approx. 5 degrees).
Working hours are 37.5 hours per week, 7.5 hours per day with 30 minutes unpaid break. Monday to Friday.
Morning Shift - 6am-2pm - £7.93 per hour
Afternoon Shift - 2pm-10pm - £8.20 per hour
There will be the opportunity to work overtime either before/after shift start and end time and weekends. Overtime rates are paid for those hours.
- Free onsite parking
- Product purchases at cost price
- Training and Development
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Workplace Pension