Becketts are the largest independent manufacturer and supplier of Bacon and Gammon products to the foodservice market and the retail sector. As an independent family business with international backing, we're dedicated to providing Bacon and Gammon at its best.
We are looking for a positive, keen and proactive IT Support Technician to join our busy IT team. The core of this role is to learn and master the day to day maintenance and development of the company's IT systems, providing effective front line assistance on a range of technically challenging issues and queries.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Capturing and categorising problems and support requests in a ticket based system
- Providing technical support over the phone, in person or via remote tools
- Managing a personal ticket queue, ensuring that all tickets are updated regularly
- Escalation of IT tickets to the 2nd and 3rd level of support
- Installation, configuration or relocation of computers, printers and other peripherals
At least five GCSE qualifications (or equivalent) of grade A*-C (or new grading of 4-9) including Mathematics and English.
Our flexible working environment provides an opportunity to express creativity, gain industry knowledge and work alongside senior staff members in supporting the continued development of our core systems and services.
You will be measured for success by the level of customer service you provide and the achievement of the departmental service level agreements.
There is also an opportunity to further your knowledge by undertaking IT qualifications via the local college.
The successful candidate will receive a salary of up to £22,000 per annum which is paid on a monthly basis. Additional benefits include the workplace pension scheme, free parking on site and the ability to purchase some of our products.