Beehive Hair Studio is looking for ’Career Minded’ service providers to join our team. We offer employees an opportunity to advance their careers, and earn an excellent income, in a ’trendy’, upscale environment. Candidates must possess a positive attitude, dependable attendance history, and drive & willingness to work & learn.
To qualify for this position you must:
- Be at least 18 years of Age
- Have a High School Diploma or High School Equivalency Certificate
- Hold a Current Cosmetology Operator License
- Have a Year or more Experience on the Salon Floor or Have Gone Thru the Summit Salon Associate Training Program
(Recent Cosmetology School Graduates must go thru the Associate Program to become Level 1)
*** If you are a recent graduate please view the Associate Job Listing and Apply There ***
At Beehive we strive for excellence on all levels, and at the foundation of this idea, is the long term employment of our staff. We pride ourselves on being the only Salon in Hill Country area that offers its employees a comprehensive benefits package!
This package consists of:
- Competitive Wage
- Paid Vacation (After Becoming a Level 3 Stylist)
- Education Benefits
- Stock Options/ Profit Sharing (Available By Invitation)
- Benefits based on full-time Employment of 32 hours per week
The Beehive Associate Training Program(**Information Purposes Only**)
One of the biggest challenges in maintaining our growth momentum is keeping a steady stream of Stylist Trainees in our system, who are trained to be promoted to the floor of the salon as a Level 1 Stylist. The training program we have implemented, in conjunction with the Summit Salon Consulting Group and Summit Salon’s across America. Is an 8-10 month intense mentoring and comprehensive educational program that creates a strong foundation and support system for new stylist development. It is specifically designed to develop & polish new Cosmetology school graduates. Once the program is completed, that individual will be fully prepared to go on the floor as a Level 1 Stylist. Here is a breakdown of the “The Beehive Associate Training Program”….
The Beehive Hair Studio Training Program has 4 levels:
- Product Knowledge, Front Desk Procedures, Waxing Services, Directional Drying, Color Application Techniques, Special Occasion Hair Dressing,
- Basic Color, Advanced Color, Color Correction
- Texture & VolumeLevel A4
- Cutting Techniques & Tools, Cutting & Coloring, and Cutting & Special Occasion Hair Dressing, Guest Handling Procedures.
Associate Objectives include the following: Assist the stylist (shampooing, color application & rinsing so the stylist never has to leave his/her chair), Additional services, and pulling computer generated reports (understanding the reports, and know your goals as well as the stylist’s goals).
Associate Daily Responsibilities:
- Have the guest shampooed and ready
- Fill out guest sheets
- Fill out guest files; date-service-additional comments
- Call Backs on chemicals
- Sweep stations after each guest
- Keep capes folded and in or on carts
- Keep styling products filled
- Keep in constant communication with your stylist
- Help keep towels washed and folded
- Study for tests during down time