Be Found Online is a fast-growing digital marketing agency based in Chicago, with clients ranging from small businesses to Fortune 500 companies. We’re passionate about the online space and we pride ourselves on our ability to bring effective marketing solutions to our clients. BFO’s talented, driven team is fueled by innovative ideas and a collaborative atmosphere. We live by being good to each other, speaking up, and making a difference, offer great benefits, a relaxed workplace, and constant opportunities for entrepreneurship.
We’re currently in need of a mid/senior-level Organic Media (SEO) Account Manager. We expect you to be able to talk-the-talk and feel confident presenting data to clients. Bonus points if you’re conversant in other relevant digital strategies, including content marketing, lead generation, and paid media.
Role and Responsibilities
● Act as clients’ primary point of contact for SEO projects
● Create & execute SEO campaign strategies and project plans for clients
● Drive overall organic strategy and tactics to achieve client goals
● Manage aspects of client services including communicating results and deliverables, making recommendations, and answering client questions
● Identify new opportunities to further improve organic search success
● Prioritize & delegate tasks to analyst and/or third-party experts
● Ensure quality & timely delivery of reports and other analysis
● Work with sales team to develop proposals for contract renewals and/or upsells based on campaign results and client needs
● Firm understanding of SEO best practices
● Knowledge of search engine algorithms
● Knowledge of content marketing guidelines
● Technical knowledge of website architecture (HTML, CSS, XML, JS)
● Knowledge of web analytics platforms (Google Analytics, Omniture, etc.)
● Proficient with keyword research/data mining tools and competitive analysis
● High-competency level in MS Office (specifically Excel and PowerPoint)
● Analytical thinker and problem solver
● Strong Project Planning/Management Capabilities
Skills and Experience
● 2 – 3 years SEO experience (required)
● 1 year minimum account management experience (required)
● Experience building long-term successful client relationships
● Ability to recognize clients’ business needs and identify creative solutions to accomplish their goals
● Excellent written and oral communication skills
● Ability to prioritize multiple tasks and shift priorities while still meeting deadlines
● Enjoys working as part of an industry-leading team
● Curious and independent thinker who is always staying up on the latest web technologies, algorithm updates, and SEO practices.
● Possess a good understanding of BFO’s vision, goals and objectives.
● Acquires strong interpersonal skills and the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language
● Self-motivated and self-directed
● Possess the experience and desire to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
● Strong attention to detail
● Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment
Continuing Education. We're committed to constantly learning and innovating through education and testing. We expect our people to be proactive and seek out information in webinars, whitepapers, blogs, etc., staying up to speed on the latest industry trends and sharing innovative ideas to strengthen the rest of the team. We offer frequent opportunities for our team members to attend conferences and seminars, or even get certified in something they’re interested in.
Entrepreneurship. At BFO, everyone’s voice counts. We aren’t much for “red tape” or bureaucracy, and you’ll get lots of face-time with the founders. We understand that everyone offers their own unique set of skills and talents; therefore, no role is carved out in stone, and you won’t be stuck climbing a pre-established ladder. Bring your ideas and energy and let’s build something game-changing!
Fun. We pride ourselves on our balanced sense of work, play, fun and learning, which we exhibit in real-time at the office. Some days we might be found engaging in a nerf gun war, playing foosball, or having a couple beers on our outdoor roof deck. We're a goofy bunch, and we hope you are, too!
Transparency. We are not the kind of agency that hires and fires people every Tuesday. BFO has an incredibly high employee retention rate, and we intend to keep it that way. We believe very strongly in transparency and in making sure our employees feel like they have an impact on the company as well as their individual success. We offer “open book” management, which means we share our financial details regularly with the team. This way, we can celebrate our successes, address potential risks, and strategize as a team to make the company that much stronger.
Benefits. At BFO, we understand and encourage the need for a relaxed workplace and fantastic work-life balance. We offer a casual dress code (cutoffs and t-shirts accepted!), a pet-friendly office, an excellent health insurance package through Blue Cross Blue Shield, a flexible PTO policy, and designated work-from-home days twice a week.
Interested? Great! Send us a cover letter with the following info along with your resume.
● Why you’re looking
● What you’re looking for
● And what makes you unique
We look forward to hearing from you!
NOTE: Applicants who DO NOT submit a cover letter will be automatically REJECTED!
*Principals only; no phone calls please