ORBCOMM is a leading global provider of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions that remotely track, monitor and control fixed and mobile assets.
The Technical Support Analyst – Tier 2 position is a dynamic role involving liaising with multiple engineering teams to resolve issues and contribute to ongoing projects revolving around support tools, knowledge management and more. We can offer a promising career with opportunities to progress within our company.
The typical candidate shall have a technical qualification in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electronics/IT. The ideal candidate will be enthusiastic, hard-working, and committed to solving customer issues promptly and professionally. The candidate will be able to work well in a team environment and communicate well with customers and colleagues.
Hours of work: 39 hours per week.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of our products and ongoing releases
- Customer liaison via phone, email or remote control
- Technical fault analysis & troubleshooting
- Answer calls and e-mails in line with team KPIs
- Keep customers (external and internal) informed of the status of their helpdesk issues
- Monitor performance of installed software and hardware products
- Respond quickly to urgent issues, escalating to product development team where required
- Provide training / create documentation as needed
- Understanding of PC networking hardware/software concepts
- Knowledge of Windows 7 / 10 / Server 2012 standalone and in a network environment
- Familiarity with SQL / MS SQL server and databases
- Ability to perform root cause analysis and replicate and test problems in multiple environments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent Team Player
- Fluent English essential – other European languages an advantage
- Familiarity with Citrix platform
- Experience with customer facing support
- Experience in the trucking industry
Certificate/Diploma/Degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Electronics Engineering
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM Inc. (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. ORBCOMM’s unique combination of global satellite, cellular and dual-mode network connectivity, hardware, web reporting applications and software is the IoT industry’s most complete service offering. Our solutions are designed to remotely track, monitor, and control fixed and mobile assets in core vertical markets including transportation & distribution, heavy equipment, industrial fixed assets, oil & gas, maritime, mining and government.
With nearly 20 years of innovation and expertise in IoT/M2M, ORBCOMM has more than 1.72 million subscribers with a diverse customer base including premier OEMs such as Caterpillar Inc., Doosan Infracore America, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., John Deere, Komatsu Ltd., and Volvo Construction Equipment, as well as end-to-end solutions customers such as C&S Wholesale, Canadian National Railways, CR England, Hub Group, KLLM Transport Services, Marten Transport, Swift Transportation, Target, Tropicana, Tyson Foods, Walmart and Werner Enterprises. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.