A little bit about the role:
ORBCOMM is focusing our investments on building dedicated technical specialists to help with our growth in Europe, the Middle East and Africa. As a result, we are looking for an Application Engineer, reporting to the VP Sales – Europe, Middle East, Africa (EMEA) to join the EMEA division of our global sales team. In this exciting role, the successful incumbent will provide pre-sales support to our partners in EMEA. They will work in coordination with our Sales Team to help the growth of our sales results.
The Application Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Work with the EMEA sales team and our regional channel partners and customers to support the core use of our products and services, to provide training and coaching, and to provide best-practices consulting;
- Work with the customers on the understanding of specific requirements;
- Develop custom applications that run on our terminals and sometimes assist our Field Engineering group on the development done by them;
- Work with our support department to help address all customer technical issues and implement fixes as quickly, efficiently, and thoroughly as possible;
- Work with our Product Management group to provide insight and feedback based on market needs;
- Develop a strong relationship with our partners’ engineering teams to influence decisions and to provide information to our Sales Team;
- Develop a deep understanding of our clients’ strategic partnerships, growth opportunities, custom solutions, and more to ensure the continuous growth of the use of our products and services by our partners;
- Coordinate with the EMEA sales team the customer activities based on the strategies and priorities defined by the team;
Skills and Experience Required:
- Business vision, with an emphasis on a strong technical background. This opportunity is ideally suited for a candidate with a development background who has an interest in being in a customer-facing role and learning more about international business and the remote monitoring market.
- Positive customer service attitude, combined with strong drive, technical skills and the ability to work well as part of a team.
- Experience in an application engineering/technical support role in either a pre- or post-sales support capacity is preferred.
- A combination of strong creative/analytical skills and an aptitude for working with customers on the definition of solutions.
- Previous programming experience (preferably embedded).
- Preference will be given to candidates with at least some experience in the following:
- Satellite communications
- LUA Programing
- SCADA applications
- Tracking applications
- Remote monitoring applications
- Outstanding attention to detail and ability to work independently with high level of self-discipline.
- Owing to the international nature of the company’s business, the ability to work flexible irregular working hours and some travel is required.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
We are looking for candidates that are serious about their careers, and hold a high level of enthusiasm for building a world class company, as we do.
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM Inc. (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a leading global provider of Internet of Things (IoT) solutions. ORBCOMM’s unique combination of global satellite, cellular and dual-mode network connectivity, hardware, web reporting applications and software is the IoT industry’s most complete service offering. Our solutions are designed to remotely track, monitor, and control fixed and mobile assets in core vertical markets including transportation & distribution, heavy equipment, industrial fixed assets, oil & gas, maritime, mining and government.
With nearly 20 years of innovation and expertise in IoT/M2M, ORBCOMM has more than 1.72 million subscribers with a diverse customer base including premier OEMs such as Caterpillar Inc., Doosan Infracore America, Hitachi Construction Machinery Co., Ltd., John Deere, Komatsu Ltd., and Volvo Construction Equipment, as well as end-to-end solutions customers such as C&S Wholesale, Canadian National Railways, CR England, Hub Group, KLLM Transport Services, Marten Transport, Swift Transportation, Target, Tropicana, Tyson Foods, Walmart and Werner Enterprises. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.