ORBCOMM is a leading global provider of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions that remotely track, monitor and control fixed and mobile assets.
The engineering team based in Galway is responsible for the development of the game-changing fleet management solution which consists of a suite of android applications used by drivers and a web application to allow users to efficiently track and manage their fleet.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join the software product development team here in Galway. You should be a quick learner who really enjoys problem solving and writing high quality code. You should have strong ownership skills and be keen to use leading edge technologies and modern development practices.
· Design and develop high quality software to implement product features
· Participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle
· Work closely with developers, QA team, customer support and product management on delivering and supporting our service
What we need to see:
· A Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
· 2+ years of experience in software development using Java/C#/C++ (but recent graduates with excellent coding skills considered)
· Experience working in an agile environment with continuous integration and continuous delivery using tools such as Git, Jenkins and Docker
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
· Android development experience
· Experience with Microservice architectures and Frameworks
· Message queue/broker experience
· Knowledge of Amazon Web Services / Server less computing
· Experience with database optimization
· Good knowledge of design patterns, TDD
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a global leader and innovator in the industrial Internet of Things, providing solutions that connect businesses to their assets to deliver increased visibility and operational efficiency. The company offers a broad set of asset monitoring and control solutions, including seamless satellite and cellular connectivity, unique hardware and powerful applications, all backed by end-to-end customer support, from installation to deployment to customer care. ORBCOMM has a diverse customer base including premier OEMs, solutions customers and channel partners spanning transportation, supply chain, warehousing and inventory, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources, and government. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.