ORBCOMM is a leading global provider of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions that remotely track, monitor and control fixed and mobile assets.
Our business telematics solution includes our fleet management and analysis web application (a SaaS offering, deployed on Amazon), apps on Android mobile devices, and our telematics hardware which is developed in-house by our engineering team based in Galway.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our software product development team in Galway. You should have a strong interest in technology, enjoy problem solving, be willing to take initiative and drive change. This is a demanding but rewarding position for someone with significant development expertise who can self-manage your projects and lead others.
· Produce state of the art technical designs, software, test, and document assets
· Evaluate technologies, innovate on product architecture
· Be a strong advocate of good agile development practices – code reviews, automated test, continuous integration, continuous delivery
· Work closely with developers, QA team, customer support and product management on delivering and supporting our service.
What we need to see:
· A Bachelor or higher degree in Computer Science or related field
· 5+ years of experience full stack development in web and/or mobile applications
· Commercial experience in Database Schema Design
· Good knowledge of frameworks such as Spring, Angular JS
· Great object-oriented skills and knowledge of design patterns
· Experience in an agile development environment with TDD, continuous integration and continuous delivery, using tools such as Cucumber, Git, Jenkins and Docker
· Good verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent problem solving skills and attention to detail
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
Experience/strong interest in some of the following:
· Android development
· Microservice architectures
· Message queue/broker / MQTT
· Amazon Web Services / Serverless architecture
· Developing automated test frameworks
· Database Query Optimisation
· UX experience
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a global leader and innovator in the industrial Internet of Things, providing solutions that connect businesses to their assets to deliver increased visibility and operational efficiency. The company offers a broad set of asset monitoring and control solutions, including seamless satellite and cellular connectivity, unique hardware and powerful applications, all backed by end-to-end customer support, from installation to deployment to customer care. ORBCOMM has a diverse customer base including premier OEMs, solutions customers and channel partners spanning transportation, supply chain, warehousing and inventory, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources, and government. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.