ORBCOMM is a leading global provider of industrial Internet of Things (IoT) and Machine-to-Machine (M2M) communication solutions that remotely track, monitor and control fixed and mobile assets. Blue Tree Systems, an Orbcomm Company based in Galway is a global leader in enterprise fleet management software for the trucking and transportation industries, with offices in North America, Germany, France, the UK and Ireland.
Our mission is to provide the most innovative, game-changing, driver-friendly, reliable telematics solution to the transportation industry – to help create the safest, legally compliant, fuel-efficient truck fleets for our customers worldwide. We are looking for a Scrum Master / Agile Coach to join our software product development team based in Galway.
What you will be doing:
With us you will lead new rollouts of our telematics products. This is the core of our business and we have an ambitious product roadmap we need you to deliver. You’ll work with the product and business teams to deliver new offerings in the products that thousands of businesses depend on to manage their fleets. You’ll be responsible for evangelising and continuously improving agile processes in your teams. In short, you’ll own a key part of our development future… and get to deliver some cool stuff.
What you will be responsible for:
· You’ll need to ensure teams are following quality processes and the values and practices of Scrum
· We are delivery oriented; commitment and delivery to plan is critical
· We work as a team, so you will assist other team members (Dev, QA, etc.) to ensure sprint and release targets are achieved
· You’ll lead sprint and release planning
· You’ll own issue and risk management for sprints & releases
· You’ll work to remove impediments to both the team and the overall release
· You’ll facilitate daily stand-ups and retrospectives
· We collaborate; you’ll work with Product Owners daily
· We are never satisfied with the status quo; you’ll evangelise and continuously improve agile ways of working and iterative delivery
· You’ll have responsibility for reporting at sprint and release level
· You will attend weekly scrum of scrum meetings and coordinate delivery with other development teams
· We work in a fast-moving agile set-up, so expect to pitch in with other responsibilities from time to time also
What qualities you will bring:
· Expert in agile project management and Scrum
· As a technologist you will be fully conversant with all aspects of software systems and processes
Planning & Delivery
· Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills
· A proven ability to deliver on software projects in a fast-paced environment
· Strong experience in agile development and project management practices
· Experience of the technology and tools that support agile development (e.g. Jira, Confluence)
· Scrum and/or project management industry qualifications are an advantage
· Strong attention to detail
· Committed to high quality amongst delivery teams in project documentation, delivery processes and outputs and seek continuous improvement of these
Communication & Relationship Management
· Excellent written and verbal communication and facilitation skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to tailor communication to the audience
· Ability to lead and motivate a team
About ORBCOMM Inc.
ORBCOMM (Nasdaq: ORBC) is a global leader and innovator in the industrial Internet of Things, providing solutions that connect businesses to their assets to deliver increased visibility and operational efficiency. The company offers a broad set of asset monitoring and control solutions, including seamless satellite and cellular connectivity, unique hardware and powerful applications, all backed by end-to-end customer support, from installation to deployment to customer care. ORBCOMM has a diverse customer base including premier OEMs, solutions customers and channel partners spanning transportation, supply chain, warehousing and inventory, heavy equipment, maritime, natural resources, and government. For more information, visit www.orbcomm.com.
At ORBCOMM, we believe that our people are our strength. Our success stems from our ability to attract and retain the best people who deliver a high level of performance and skill.
If you are looking for a significant career opportunity and the chance to work for an established, successful and high growth company, ORBCOMM is the ideal place for you.
We are committed to employment equity. ORBCOMM would like to thank all applicants in advance and advise them that only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
ORBCOMM welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.